GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 219 Posts

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
Oh OK

All those memories of laps around Donington with you Andre.

Especially this conversation after you had been given the all clear in the pits to have a thrash without me holding the laptop.

ANDRE (as we are going into/through Craner Curvers and round the Old Hairpin in the wet):

"Ya now ve have understeer, Ya und now ve have oversteer, come on Mister Porsche driver, get out of ze way".

ME (as we are going into the next left/right which I think is Macleans):

"Sooooooooooooooooo Andre how many times have you been round Donington".

ANDRE:

"It iz my first time. Ya Glen you see, understeering and oversteering, THIS IS FUN YA"

GLEN:

Whilst smiling I was saying in my head "Oh my God what I am I doing here".

Must say though it was absolute fun and Andre is a coooool driver :smokin: :smokin: .

Thanks again Andre.

glen

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Donington

Thanks Glen

This was one occasion I'll not forget easily. I absolutely love Donington. It was absolutely great to drive there, especially because of the rain which came down in the good old English way during the greater part of the day. That was the first time I drove the car in the wet; and I only had 0.6 bar of boost, remember ? The Porker was trying so hard to get rid of us; poor devil. No chance really. He was pushing very hard all the time, lots of oversteer. Could have smoked a cigar and drink a whiskey at the same time..... Expect to see me there again to have some more fun !!
At the end of the day Calum got a treat (still wet) - his comment afterwards was quite funny "when you left the pit lane I thought Oh my God you're going into the first corner way too fast, you're going to spin - but nothing happened ! Absolutely amazing how the car handles".

Next time we don't need a laptop any more. All the data is logged on the Motec.. and the boost pressure will be slightly up.... :D ;) :D

Andre.

·
Premium Member
7,804 Posts
Happy memories

That ride around Donington was something else (went before Glen). Let me know if you do it again. I will be there:smokin:

·
Registered
9,546 Posts
somberg....great pictures of your great race car. Can you give us a few specs? Engine, gearbox, chassis, anything you can disclose would be great. What class do you compete in??

Sorry ...I'm such a nosy git sometimes:D :D :p :smokin:

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nosy Git

@Dino,

Good idea. I'll post some specs of the car later !

@Cem,

No I don't mind at all. Wanted to do that myself, couldn't get the pictures in for some reason so I put in the links. If you don't mind, I don't mind..

Andre.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Nice collection of machinery you've got yourself, Andre. I can see that R34 gets its fair share of workouts. Looks like a real racer. Sweet!

Cya O!

·
Registered
97 Posts
eh?
juz seen some pic on ur site andre

what were u doing in HK huh? shopping?
hehe

nice pics BTW

LL

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
In-car video..

will be there as well in the near future. I haven't got any at the moment. :mad:

Not suprised to see an Australian ask for in-car vid's - it was invented by the Australians ! :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
We come up with all the good ideas :D

When you get the footage send it my way. Car sounds very nice. Would love more interior shots too. Cage looks very nice. Did you fabricate it?

Mick.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ok, ok !

The car is built by Nismo early 1999 and kept by NME (Nissan Motorsport Europe); they entered it into the 1999 24H race on the Nurburgring. It's basically an N1 racer, including 120 liter tank.

I'll see if I have some more interior shots, if not, I'll make them after the wiring for the Motec M880 + ADL is finished.

Andre.

1 - 20 of 219 Posts