GTR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well following from my build thread on the forum, (my god the car is an animal now) my local mate in his R35 GTR gets humilated by me now, anyway i got the car finished on thursday and with all the help from ben at GTC getting the car mapped on time discussing on the phone aswell as emails..

had a great 2 nights hooting around and beating some fast cars..

first run

saturday morning i decided to take it easy and just stick it in auto rrr and just floor the accelerator...

time 11.3 awesome i was well chuffed with that..

up i went again and this time got 11.4 in M mode..

so i decide to wait an hour or so and grab a bite to eat before i ran again..BIG MISTAKE the weather just got so bloody hot....

so all my runs were from 11.4 to 11.8 ...

i decided to leave it a while and attempted a launch control in the baking heat...

my first LC run was ... 11.1 :clap: i then followed that up with another x3 11.1 and x2 11.2...

this is a ten second car..thats for sure..

NOW lets go back to first thing in the morning my 11.3 run NO LC and COOLER WEATHER...

10s ?? i would of hope so...

well i finished 2nd out of 189 cars..

winning time was my mate jamie in his mental supra he did a 10.93.

big thanks to ben at GTC :thumbsup: that came over and checked and tweeked a few maps for me..

the potential is there but if you want serious power you need an AP...and a custom map from GTC , trust me the first time your car goes in limp mode..you will shit a brick..

once you do more than the y pipe and exhaust .U NEED A MAP CUSTOM .,.there is no other way around it it you need a new map and the AP.. this is the only cost efffective solution as you will need to fine tune it..or hit limp mode and not be able to enjoy the car..

i mapped my car via email ( how cool is that) no need to take time off work or 200 plus miles trips..just email GTC..

am going to visit another strip soon with a few more adjustments to the map and hopefully some better weather i reckon a 10 is there in full trim,.

videos coming soon..

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Jurgen Johnturbo on the US forum ran [email protected]

You ran great terminals, which are more important they prove power, times just prove how much grip your getting. which btw what 60ft did you get :p

More to come from the maps, your top end can be improved and mid smoothed out.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Love the sound of mapping via email:smokin: Could save myself thousands on fuel, dyno time and mappers costs if i could do that with my RB!!

Great times btw!:bowdown1:

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Love the sound of mapping via email:smokin: Could save myself thousands on fuel, dyno time and mappers costs if i could do that with my RB!!

Great times btw!:bowdown1:

well like everything in life there is up side and down side. One upside as you mentioned some people don't like loosing their skylines for 2 months - 3 years :p. But its been proven very effective last 12 months overseas. i know some oldskool would argue must be live mapped on dyno. But then what happens on road can be different to dyno conditions. Tho that said we do recommend every etune test on local dyno first, but for some this isn't possible due to location etc..

the datalogging is effective and becoming more so with more features. Higher states of tune best to do in person tbh.

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
Fan-bleedin-tastic, I was pleased with my 2 x 12.5 "out of the box" runs with a 1/2 full tank of fuel and the A/C on, still in Auto and comfort mode !!!! LOL

10's here we come !!

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
Just to clarify though, yours is a JDM car that has the original 4,500rpm LC, right?

I don't think our EDM cars can get such a drop in ETs using our lower revving LC.

Were your fastest times in Auto? I haven't seen any difference in times between Auto and Manual, and Auto is a lot easier to do!

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yes mine is jdm, my fastest times 11.1 were in manual..

my 11.3 in morning when it was cool was rrr auto..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts