GTR Forum banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts
3,663 Posts
If the turbo had impeller damage the car would run rich, even if the car was running the set up boost still which it will but the amount of air moved will be lower (lb/min) so the tuned amount of fuel would still be the same so the car would run rich.

As Tony said tweaking both the CAS and the fuel pressure this will change the whole map's ignition and fuelling. I would say part throttle is where the problem would be that caused the issues with the turbo. Controlled boost with part throttle would of needed to be checked on the dyno to ensure the car was detonating or running lean not just full throttle dyno runs. You need to be spot on with the fuelling at part throttle to make a GTR drive real nice.

How much was the timing advanced with the CAS , did you measure it? I do remember talking to you on the phone a few times about this.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Tony, that statement is so inacurate!
Just to give u a clue, ignition was so far retarded that the car power band was flat an lifless, after 6500rpm. An that was throughout the whole rpm range. As we moniterd everything.

3,663 Posts
Tony, that statement is so inacurate!
Just to give u a clue, ignition was so far retarded that the car power band was flat an lifless, after 6500rpm. An that was throughout the whole rpm range. As we moniterd everything
Had a look at the last dyno plot from the car on our dyno and it looked all okay , maybe the Ignition timing was out from where we set it before the last dyno tune. There are so many variables that could have caused the flat power band and then the piston damage.

I think as I said on the phone this morning your been luck to catch the bearings before thay failed.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Currently waiting on engineers to match the pistons and block sizes, also there measuring the whole crank up for the sizes of the shells etc.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts