GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, this project started early Fall of 09 and got her back New-years eve. Shes still a work in progress but im pretty happy with her at this point in the project:clap::clap:

Not the best pics in the world but enjoy

[

:popcorn:

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
I want one! Do you have any info about weight and weight distribution?
Is the RB heavier than the 350z motor?

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
Cool. Looking forward to more info - is it rwd, or awd etc.? Any build pictures?

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
RB26 is definitely heavier than a VQ, and longer so the weight is higher and further forward so technically speaking its a downgrade in every sense - yet somehow still very cool, nice fit too :) Should be heaps of fun, is it a standard RB26?

·
Registered
3,825 Posts
RB26 is definitely heavier than a VQ, and longer so the weight is higher and further forward so technically speaking its a downgrade in every sense - yet somehow still very cool, nice fit too :) Should be heaps of fun, is it a standard RB26?
I can spot standard injectors, good transplant. don't mind one of these as a daily driver at all. decent car and ferocious engine. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
I can spot standard injectors, good transplant. don't mind one of these as a daily driver at all. decent car and ferocious engine. :thumbsup:
Hell yeah, I'd roll in it :) VQs just don't have the certain "something" of an RB26

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Thanks everyone!

As for as the weight distribution yes it is heavier but after cutting all the unneeded material from the front diff and from some other places the weight wasn't to far off and even less with a full tank of gas lol. The car is RWD and ill be posting some more pics of everything through out the build. The injectors are actually 660cc's shes running at 10psi on a break-in tune, pushing 350whp gonna be running in the 20ish PSI range.

·
Registered
5,268 Posts
my wife has a 350z roadstar, do you think she would notice if we drpped in a RB...

that must have been a lot of hard work, looks cool

3,665 Posts
why re fitting a RB , VQ is a far better motor , just needs a set of rods and pistons , then they will make big bhp fitted with a pair of turbo,s.

Good project thou , how did you make the dash work with the RB fitted and what gearbox are you using?

Mark

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
why re fitting a RB , VQ is a far better motor , just needs a set of rods and pistons , then they will make big bhp fitted with a pair of turbo,s.

Good project thou , how did you make the dash work with the RB fitted and what gearbox are you using?

Mark
Everything inside including gauges and A/C work just like factory. We used an extender for the shifter and it comes up in the factory location. in other words if you sat in the car you wouldn't know it wasn't VQ powered unless u turned it on. :smokin:

3,665 Posts
sounds good, just trying to work out how you got around the can bus system the 350 has. Far play if you have , awesome ride. Now will a Titan motor fit in the front , thats got to be the next motor to be fitted with turbo,s of course....

1 - 20 of 46 Posts