GTR Forum banner

My skyline GTR Stolen!

20K views 44 replies 33 participants last post by  irishboy1977 
#1 ·
To all Skyline GTR enthusiasts and friends. My R34 GTR has just been stolen from my home in KL, Malaysia, whilst I’m working abroad. The car was stolen whole with no signs of break in or damage at the scene. This is surely the act of professionals. My wife received a text message from the car’s GSM security device, and within minutes of checking on the car, it was gone. The alarm had obviously went off, and immobilizer automatically activated. There was also a steering lock and clutch lock in place, but somehow these professionals managed to overcome all these obstacles and sneak the car out of the security guarded compound and pass the barrier gate system.

My feelings are that the car will be shipped out of the country and then sold as a whole.

I am putting out a cash reward of US15,000 to anyone who can help me get my car back. I will bare all cost of shipping, etc to get my car back home. Anyone with contacts in customs, shipping ports, container terminals and border patrols, at your respective countries, please help.

My car is a Blue R34 GTR V-Spec manufactured in the year 1999. It is extensively overhauled, reworked and tuned.

The chassis number is: BNR34-004751
The engine number is: RB260725904

Should the GSM security system in the car be reactivated, the number is +60123230900. A GPS fix can be obtained by the GSM/sim card device.

Good luck & thanks.

Russ
russwestwood@yahoo.co.uk
+60126900120
+60168111148

Stolen Today: R34 GTR from Apartment parking lot - Join the search | Zerotohundred.com

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
good god how did they get past all of that!

did they kill the 4 headed hydra as well??

all jokes aside that is awful and i will keep my eyes and ears out, listing parts would be a good idea should it come down to them breaking it. I hope that you find it mate!

What kind of security guarded compound is it?? Sounds like an inside job to get around all of that?!

Get in contact with importers and agents who may have links to customs etc.

Chris

#4 ·
Keep an eye on all the shipping harbours & maybe Singapore as it's close in case it gets smuggled there
Good luck mate, hope you'll find it

#5 ·
US15,000 ??? thats some reward, but would be nice to know people on here would not need a reward to help find your car, which im shore is the case.

Im sorry to hear it has gone missing, sounds like it was picked up on a truck? What sort of compound is it? will a truck/flatbed fit in there? CCTV?

#6 ·
holy crap

thats a nice car!
were there any cameras cctv?
the picture taken in the basement carpark, is that ur workplace?

and is that a Rolls Royce or Bentley next to it????
if so, why did they get stolen as well?

sounds fishy to me... if there is security in the complex, why didnt they challenge the theives? maybe an in-side-job? dont trust anyone at ur work, they may have something to do with it.

sorry to hear

#8 ·
It was taken from my basement parking and is impossible for a flatbed to get in there.

The CCTV system was coincidently 'not working' at the time. The barrier gate system failed supposedly as the car followed closely at the back of another car that was leaving the premise and got out before the barrier shut. The security guards are half asleep most of the time anyway. But the truth is whenever they hear the loud exhaust of my car they already open the barrier as they know its me. They must have not seen the driver's face at the time or seen him but it was already too late, and chose to be ignorant.

The missus gave them all a bollocking while crying (she loves the car as well), and went to the management office. The bloke in charge said, "Are you sure its not the bank recollectors come to repossess your car because you havent been making your instalments?"... *speechless*

We're thinking of suing the CCTV company, but then again, the damage has been done. The rest is spilled milk.

#13 ·
Mate,
I informed my import partners in europe about this. Can you send me some more pics of your car, wich show specific details that can be easy recognized on your car. (like the HKS intercooler ex . . .) . .also spec of the engine would be important.

There are 5 possibilities for this car to go out from Mal.
1) To Singapore
2) Australia
3) S.Korea
4) Russia-EU via Vladivostok (reloaded)
5) Canada

I would go for Vladivostok, as the shipings to that port go easy and import to Russia is easy. It's the best port to reload a stolen car and get in to the EU or else where.

I will look out for it

Best luck

Regards

Chris

#16 ·
Of course breaking this car and selling the engine in pieces can make you a package of cash, quick and easy. Asia has a big parts market, if they are so professional organized, they will break it thought . . .but to me it looks like an order from a customer (from the thieves-car traffic mafia) to steal this car. This will imply that they have an illegal shipping yard, container stuffing facility and semi legal ship booker. This car will never go streight to an EU harbour or Australia . . . that's why I bet on Vladivostok. Russia gives a shit about stolen cars, the thieves in Vladi. pay an import tax and the gov. looks one seconde on the faked export certificate and lets them go. Wich is normal as there are not more then 10 local customers in that part of Russia , who could afford to buy and own an R34 GTR. . . the money from import cars has to come somehow!

#25 ·
I would post the chassis number and perhaps contact the customs agencies in the countries suggest above and alert them that your car, with chassis number BNR34-XXXXX has been stolen and you believe it may be exported to their country. that way they can keep a eye out for it arriving.

sadly though it's unlikely you'll get it back, I'm hoping you have insurance, and if you do I would try and forget about this car now mate. claim that insurance money and move on. :)

#28 ·
Wow, sorry to hear dude.

Are there any unique parts on the car that would stand out? One offs? If so post em up as being GTR owners these things usually will cause notice.

The other thing is if you can get this out to the middle east. I've heard in the past that many cars end up there.

Cheers and good luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.