GTR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have owned my R33 GTR for 2 weeks now and so far i have had replace the front tyres, had a blow out on the back tyre, fix a leak in the transmission box and now just to top it all off ................. my clutch is slipping !

I posted a thread a few days back about the noise coming off the clutch , sounded like a bag of nails . we came to the conclusion its a twin plater , Now it is slipping. Anyone with experience in this side of the car ?

I know its not going to be cheap but any ideas ? my work charge me £15 an hour so that should bring the cost down . This better be the final problem or my evo 6 is coming out of storage !

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
My twin plate clutch started to slip after the first couple of months a OSG clutch I brought a set of plates for it from RB Motor sport who also lent me the alignment tool which was good as they did not know me. I think the main problem with multi plate clutches is that the dust gets trapped between the plates and makes them slip . I went for the unsprung hubs not very kind to the drive train but seem a bit stronger

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
The kit costs £500 most people like the sprung hubs as they are kinder to the gearbox cushioning the take up forces but I have found the springs become loose with hard use then you are getting more of a shock load on take up.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The clutch has now stopped slipping ? it used to slip in forth under load , now it doesnt . these cars confuse me !

1 - 5 of 5 Posts