GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have thought long and hard about getting MH to fit the OEM driving LEDs but I've been put off for 2 reasons.

Cost is obviously an issue, but also the fact that to me, they look too added on as an afterthought.

So, with my natural propensity to enjoy fiddling, I acquired some LED strips and placed them under one headlight. They are flexible silicone strips which after adjustment, fit neatly under the headlamp assembly.

They sadly show up very blue in these pictures but they are white.

The pictures below actually dont do them justice and these are a work in progress but I'd be interested in people's initial impressions...

·
Registered
376 Posts
Nice work! Those look excellent, more natural that anything I've seen to date :thumbsup:

Were they a pain to fit? Where do you get power from? Are they inside the headlight cover?

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
CC - loving the look. Much better than the £1000 LEDS - if purely for the location alone.

Looking forward to seeing them up close!!

Awesome work big fella :thumbsup:

·
Registered
26 Posts
I too have put the decision to go OEM driving lights and looking at what you have come up with, I am glad I did!
How much and where from? ;0)

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, much appreciated!

The leds are mounted inside a length of flexible rubber/silicone and after some trimming, fits by being simply being pushed into the panel gap between the headlight and the bumper. A touch "ghetto" I know but if they end looking as good as my test tonight then I dont mind!

Power in the pictures is from a small battery source just so I can settle on position etc. Once I like their position, I'll just wire them to a switched 12v source so they are permanently on. Either that or I may tale the 12v from the sidelights. I havent decided yet.

I only got hold of them today so only had an hour or so this evening to fiddle with them so there is more to come including (hopefully) some daytime close ups to show how neat they look when fitted.

·
Registered
9,654 Posts
That's looking nice indeed fella.

There was a thread in this section somewhere where people were going on about the price in regards to possible law changes with daytime running lights etc. & how expensive the current LED kits are etc.

I can't find that thread now as I had some photos of ones I fitted to my R32 that were sooooooooo much cheaper, but your photos just goes to prove that it doesn't need to be expensive to get a superb result.

Nice one :thumbsup:

·
Registered
968 Posts
Very nice indeed. A lot better than the OEM ones. Any plans visiting The Netherlands? :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Where did you get the LED strips from. I likey.
Once I've got the install done and taken some daylight photos, I'll post more info on prices and where to get them from.

·
Registered
565 Posts
No wonder dentist waiting lists are so long in the UK...............

Most of the better ones are out fiddling with their GTR's........;)

Great work yet again mate, they look good especially because you have been able to fit them into the bottom of the headlight assembly.

Will be watching this post with interest.

Regards

ScottyB

·
Registered
32 Posts
IMHO looks way better than the OEM lights, nice job !!

Looking forward to seeing more pics in daylight and dark

Did you also consider running the LED's up either the inside or the outside of the light (back to front) as per the Ferrari 458 and some others ?

·
Registered
690 Posts
Brilliant! Once youre happy with them, get Ben to find a manufacturer and watch the money roll in! I'm sure there would be a bucket load of orders!

·
Premium Member
1,327 Posts
CC, they look great m8. Am not a big fan of the others at all, but they look the muts nuts.

Would love to see more pics in daylight with regard fitment etc.

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
Darn it, now why couldn't you have had that idea a few weeks ago? :mad: ;)
Looks great, would love to see how they look close up.

The Nissan ones have a neat LED equipped switch on the lower blank switch panel that shows at a glance whether they are on or not.

I tell you what, they work a treat for getting dawdlers out of the way on the motorway!

BTW, did you get my PM re your parking sensors? Would love to get your feedback.

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
BTW, did you get my PM re your parking sensors? Would love to get your feedback.
ooops sorry David! Totally forgot to reply... :eek:

I'll PM tonight when I get home.... :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 57 Posts