GTR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
recently i sold my R2 GTR & bought an evo,
many people on this site advised against this move, and im happy to tell you all YOU WERE RIGHT.
dont like it at all!!!

·
Registered
519 Posts
What EVO did you get?

I have an R32 GTR and have owned an EVO 6. I thought that the EVO was a fantastic car

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

i got an EVO 4 with 62000 miles, completely standard, apart from a stupid excedy paddle clutch fitted.(which is getting changed to a standard 1)

the car is in really good order, just isnt a skyline.

evo is far too low geared, 100mph 5th gear 4500 revs, all noise, lol.
my gtr was nearly standard as well, much more refined to drive,
taller gears, smoother revving,

i will be going back to a gtr next year !!!

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
an evo 4 for a r32 gtr?

you got done over mate by the sounds of it

you should have been looking at a swap for an evo 6

·
Registered
519 Posts
oh I see.

I was never a fan of the EVO 4 to be honest from a looks point of view.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
R32's

R32's in standard form are worthless at the moment, tried selling it for weeks with no interest,
no good evo 6 under £6000 any where,standard R32's £3600 - £ 5000 on this forum !

·
Registered
235 Posts
I had a evo 3, thought it was a great little car,did many a trackday in it and never had any major problems over the two years i had it.

·
Registered
25,671 Posts
evo 4 - oh dear

i had a TME 6, and ran that with my R32 for 18months or so

prefered the 6 and exported the 32.

much better everyday car, but your right, reason i didnt keep mine for more than 18months was that it wasnt a GTR, it is mostly "all noise" and the low ratio gearing is a mare if your doing mostly a roads and motorways

·
R35 Section manager
10,980 Posts
I wouldnt look at a Evo unless it was a 6 onwards.
I take it you got some cash and the car or your 32 needed alot of work done?

·
Registered
180 Posts
I looked at Evos between my R33 GTSt and my R33 GTR. Wouldn't get less than a 5 as they have wider track and other improvements,- the built out wings look better as well. Being a more compact 4 door has its advantages, the Skyline is a long car and you need room to open the doors when it comes to parking, but it is much more of a GT than the evo for long distance journeys. The evo must be good fun on the bends though!

·
Registered
25,671 Posts
evo is great drive though,

but its not a GT-R, totally depends on what your using it for

if i only had to have one car, and it was my daily driver, id scrap the 34 and go the evo route

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hmmm....

the evo IS good fun to drive in short bursts, more practical, & generally easier to live with day to day, it just doesn't seem as well screwed together as the gtr .
& after lusting after gtr's for years then finally owning 2 of them, im sure it was a mistake to get rid of the gtr.

·
Registered
25,671 Posts
the evo IS good fun to drive in short bursts, more practical, & generally easier to live with day to day, it just doesn't seem as well screwed together as the gtr .
& after lusting after gtr's for years then finally owning 2 of them, im sure it was a mistake to get rid of the gtr.
i was suprised on how "plastic" the evo was compared to the GTR

evos seem like they were put together on a budget of £5

1 - 19 of 19 Posts