GTR Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I would just share my thoughts on my first trackday with the GTR.

My GTR experience to date has been somewhat checkered and I had become disillusioned with my GTR. It started from a troubled purchase when expecting my satnav white GTR to arrive in early September I was told that the order had been changed to Black and wouldnt arrive till January. Never found out who changed the order, HPC or NGB, but after several stressfull days finally got NGB to let me have their Press car which was due in late September. I thought that was it and could begin to enjoy GTR ownership but no, I soon had problems with the intelligent keys not being recognised and it took two seperate visits to two HPC and I was without the car for 7 weeks.
Worst still got it back finally last week and its been damaged by delivery people.
I had booked a trackday at Bedford for Saturday and was somewhat apprehensive as I have not done a trackday (except acadamy) since the late 90's when I used to track my yellow 400R bodykitted R33 VSPEC ( now you know why my forum name). On arrival to Bedford at 7.30 am I was greeted by a covering of snow around the track and although the track had been cleared there was big patches of ice around. This was not helping my apprehension one liitle bit.
I should not of worried at all ,and for 7 hours all previous problems were forgoten. The car was fantastic it didnt put a foot wrong allday, yes it slipped and slide for the first hour as we began to dry the circiut but never really had me worried and always felt managable, despite many others having spins. The mix of cars was very varied from Ford GT, Porsche GT3RS, Porsche TT, caterhams, Focus RS including a tasty Jamsport 420BHP factory cars, as well as some trackday specials.
The GTR was aswome, it was never passed all day and made some of the more exotic/expensive cars look rather silly.
If you havent tracked your GTR yet you dont now what your missing get yourselves booked on a GTROC day you wont regret it.
I have a some video however as it was a new camera and I hadnt read the manual I accidently left it running when in the pits and before lunch it run out of battery so no afternoon footage when the track had thawed, also forgot to set date.
Andy

YouTube - Icy Bedford track day

YouTube - Icy Bedford in GTR R35

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Nice footage Andy :thumbsup: The car sounded quite fruity, do you have Y pipe etc. fitted?

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
Thanks for that Andy :) And, like the man said; get yourself on track, and enjoy the car at it's best! We're back at Anglesey at the end of March for those interested. Just pay through the shop and sign up on the forum:

Track day shop items here

Track day at Anglesey and weekend away - details here

...and remember, if you've never been on track before it's SIGNIFICANTLY discounted and has free isntruction.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, you wont believe that that camera cost £15.00 new from E-bay, I was looking at The Go PRo hero etc but couldnt make up my mind so rather than rush the purchase I found this and thought I would give it a try, think I will just stay with this now as pleased with results.
Yes Miltek y pipe but otherwise standard.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Thanks, you wont believe that that camera cost £15.00 new from E-bay, I was looking at The Go PRo hero etc but couldnt make up my mind so rather than rush the purchase I found this and thought I would give it a try, think I will just stay with this now as pleased with results.
Yes Miltek y pipe but otherwise standard.
Excellent value for £15 Andy. Can you PM me the Ebay details and also how you mounted it please :thumbsup:

Thanks,

George

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It came with mounts that i just velcro'd to the top of the dash, I also put a bit of velcro on the top of the rear seats for a view that included the dash and driver etc but had run out of battery by the time I moved it there so no footage. PM on its way with details of EBAY.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Could you PM me the details as well? I was looking at other options but seeing as its so cheap!

Looks like you had a good day, nice car.

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Hi Andy,
I was at this day in my white R32 GTR but afraid I didn't get the chance to say hello.
Glad you enjoyed your day and put your car through it's paces. I thought it was a great day with sensible marshaling and no bollockings for me (can't remember the last time this happened!!).
Hope to meet you on track soon:)
Cheers,
Sam

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi Sam, I saw your car several times but we never seemed to be in the pits at the same time or else I would of come over to chat. Watched you from the pits late pm you seemed to be enjoying your self out there with some sideways action. I shall defo be tracking the GTR again so may get a chance to meet next time.

Andy

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If any of you guys purchased the camera and have work out how to change the date can you please let me know. Can you be as detailed as poss as i'm not to good with my tech abilities. Thanks
Andy.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
If any of you guys purchased the camera and have work out how to change the date can you please let me know. Can you be as detailed as poss as i'm not to good with my tech abilities. Thanks
Andy.
Have had one of our IT guys on this mate and we are struggling :lamer: Not having any destructions doesn't help any :D This may be the downside to the £15 price tag mate :(

·
Registered
164 Posts
I Managed to change the date and time. On the cd that comes with it is a very small file called 'TAG'. It is a notepad file including just the below text
[date]
2009/10/24
17:29:00=

Save this to the top directory of the memory card in the camera. Change the date and time using the same format. Unplug it and restart it. The date and time will have changed to what you put in and the TAG file will have disappeared.

This is a brilliantly cheap track camera!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts