GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
31,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I've had an RAC Trackstar for the past 12 years, pay the £170 a year sub without fail.

Last week my car was transported halfway across the country then realised I didn't get a "your car is moving" call. Phone today to be told "We need to test the system, can you turn the ignition on?" which, right now I can't but will be able to in future, but thats no good if the cars been stolen.

Question them as to why they can't tell if the system is working, to be told I have to phone them 6 times a year to "test" it. In 12 years I've not heard a word from them, no reminders, no heads up, nothing. Just take my money.

Then I get told the new system has all these cool bells and whistles and I can pay to upgrade.

Classy.

So, rant email sent but suffice to say I'll be looking at other Tracking options.

Not impressed.

Mike

·
Premium Member
5,881 Posts
I had a problem with my tracker unit where tracker said they couldn't contact it, then the first time the car was moved on a flat bed (tyre problem) within 5 minutes they called to ask me if I knew where the car was - great way to inspire confidence guys...

·
Following EJH#25
6,840 Posts
The batteries fail quite often anyway rendering them useless.
I ditched my tracker years ago, waste of money.

·
Super Moderator
15,675 Posts
I wonder, are you then covered by their insurance if you can't recover your car? After all your own insurer won't pay out if you've declared a tracker and it's faulty?

·
Administrator
31,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wonder, are you then covered by their insurance if you can't recover your car? After all your own insurer won't pay out if you've declared a tracker and it's faulty?
I'm sure they have caveats that absolve them. I've sent a letter of complaint without receipt or acknowledgement so far, but I'm seeking a free replacement or I'll walk.

Not happy at all

Mike

1 - 8 of 8 Posts