GTR Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
will start making a loud squeling is the only thing that has gone wrong with mine in 2.5 years just check tighteness of manifold studs

·
Registered
554 Posts
I had this too...

Thought I had a blowing gasket over No. 6 and I wanted to replace the turbo so did it all at once. When we took the turbo off, the stud came out when we indid the nut (still attached to the nut). I got a garage over the road to take it out for me. They asked if i wanted them to do the rest (I bought the 12 new studs) and sure enough number 1 had a rotten stud aswell!

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
mine was running fine, no squeeling, but I read a thread about it and just had a feel. I could get to the rear-most stud and gave it a wiggle, thing just about fell out! Booked it in at Rod's and he said 4 were busted.

Go on, wiggle it :D

·
Registered
127 Posts
The loud squeeling your talking about, was it only under boost or did you get it at all times ??

Im sure it shouldnt break the bank but just to check, what was the cost of maifold studs and bolts and I take it you got a gasget too whilst the manifold was off?

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Its about £150 for a new gasket, studs and nuts from nissan.

All price are of course a complete guess of the top of my head and will prolly be miles out :)

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Sorry m8 I am not, gasket is 60-80 from Nissan and the studs and nuts are something stupid like 3.5 for a stud and 1.2 for a nut :rolleyes:

Obviously you can buy some 10X1mm studs and nuts far cheaper else where but the gaskets a bugger. I have changed mine 4 times all in all with different builds and problems with the O/E manifold .... so there you go a stupid amount of money in exhaust manifold gaskets alone :p

·
Registered
127 Posts
Thats crazy though for a gasget, the bugger better be gold plated. Thanks for that info tho. I reckon my GTR has this problem, ill be checking it out over the weekend.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.