GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What will my09 with new gearbox with my11 software be like with a Litchfield stage1 and gearbox software upgrade?

Was driving a friends my13 and the throttle response / gear changes was noticeably sharper, would a stage 1 be as responsive?

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
When you say Litchfield Stage 1, I am assuming you mean ecutek Stage 1?

I have a 2013 Gearbox in a 59 car, and also Ecutek Stage 1. Low rpm gear changes are still as they are, but that is to be expected however high rev changes are like butter smooth!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I mean ecutek stage 1, what is the throttle response like of the line? my car is a little slower off the line than trevs my13

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I Have looked at that but wanted to know what people's thoughts are who have got a stage 1 or had stage 1

·
Registered
888 Posts
I'm having ECUTEK stage 1 next week, with up to date gearbox software.

I'm hoping to see much better smoother & quicker gear changes at lower speeds!
Not that it's bad, just could be better.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Totally transforms the car with more power and a lot easier to drive.
Not worth upgrading to any other stages apart from stage 4.5 in my opinion but thats big money.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Question for those with EcuTEK

I know that EcuTEK utilise the cruise control for map changes & speed/RPM for launching.
But can you still use the cc as normal for long motorway journeys?

·
Registered
888 Posts
Got to say i'm really impressed with the Stage 1 ECUTEK & up-to-date gearbox software!
So much smoother gear change & also, when in 1st in manual mode & holding for just a second or two, it doesn't feel so stressed.... if that makes sense!!
Setting off in 1st is sooooo much better & the changes both up & down are faster!
Now the ECUTEK, wow! I thought it was fast before, but now it just seems to gain speed so quick!

Thanks to the guys at Litchfield this morning :bowdown1:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
tc

Got to say i'm really impressed with the Stage 1 ECUTEK & up-to-date gearbox software!
So much smoother gear change & also, when in 1st in manual mode & holding for just a second or two, it doesn't feel so stressed.... if that makes sense!!
Setting off in 1st is sooooo much better & the changes both up & down are faster!
Now the ECUTEK, wow! I thought it was fast before, but now it just seems to gain speed so quick!

Thanks to the guys at Litchfield this morning :bowdown1:
Sounds just what I'm after, it's more the gear changes I'm looking for but the extra power would b nice too.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Sounds just what I'm after, it's more the gear changes I'm looking for but the extra power would b nice too.
Morning rs300dave, I guess you'll be reading this while scoffing another double bacon and egg roll at work, hope you're having a lovely day :) , but do you have to wait for the warrantywise thingy to run out first? Then you can book in a visit to Litchfield's, get stage 1, software and a warranty, that will be good for another year, then sell it and buy mine when I get my R36, what a plan :)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Morning rs300dave, I guess you'll be reading this while scoffing another double bacon and egg roll at work, hope you're having a lovely day :) , but do you have to wait for the warrantywise thingy to run out first? Then you can book in a visit to Litchfield's, get stage 1, software and a warranty, that will be good for another year, then sell it and buy mine when I get my R36, what a plan :)
Yes I will have to wait for warranty wise to run out, but don't think I can wait 10 months so will probably go to litchfields to get stage 1 and warranty in a few months, I would buy yours but I think Gray is a bit boring for me lol

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Yes I will have to wait for warranty wise to run out, but don't think I can wait 10 months so will probably go to litchfields to get stage 1 and warranty in a few months, I would buy yours but I think Gray is a bit boring for me lol
Litchfield will not warranty you with a non-original gearbox.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts