GTR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lookin to purchase an my09 gtr.. car has done 50k with full documented history.. just wondered if it was worth upgrading to a later year suspension or leave it as it is? Its only going to be a road car.. heard the my09 and 10 suspension was pretty good as standard??

·
Premium Member
904 Posts
depends what kind of driving youll be doing and how old your spine is...

Reactions: WingedBeast1968

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
I've got a 2010 model and I find the suspension is alright. It is stiff but compliant as well and improves with speed. Bit crashy over very uneven surfaces but really not that bad. I tend to run it in Normal mode but ride improves in Comfort for around town etc.

I guess it depends what you are used to or expecting - I found it better than I expected (though am running Cup 2 tyres rather than Runflats).

Folks with more experience of GT-R's will no doubt correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the spring rates vary between model years, and the earlier CBA cars have a stiffer set up, with later DBA cars being more progressive, and EBA having more adjustability.

I'm sure I've seen a thread on here somewhere that explains the spring/shock differences.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
MY09/MY10 - proper racing setup, not for girls.
MY11 - Keep most of your teeth.
MY12 on - Progressive? Like the look of the back of my car? :chuckle:

In all seriousness, they ain’t that different. Tiny tweaks to keep the punters rolling in.

Biggest softener is ditching the run flats. Talk about road roar!
I am smiling, but I am deaf as a post too :chuckle:

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
I have a KW Sleeve kit on my 09 and it does make the OEM suspension less "crashy".

Difference across the three settings isn't massive but noticeable.

Had mine fitted and set up by ACSpeedtech.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Yes the 09-10 cars can get a bit crashy over uneven surfaces. As has been said ditching run flats makes some improvements

I had a dsc controller fitted last year for about £1k. Makes a big difference. Ride is so much more supple over the cobble like roads we have to drive on these days. I no longer find myself slowing down when I see a leaf on the road

1 - 7 of 7 Posts