GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Chaps

Just got of the phone with a chap with a 59 plate and he said that it was MY10 spec and that all 59 Sat nav models had the updated wide screen display.

Is this right? does anyone have any photo's of a non wide screen and wide screen display? Does the wide screen make a difference?

Thanks for your help :)

Rob

·
Registered
333 Posts
Rob,
Just get the chassis number off the car, if there is a 12 in it, then it will have the latest screen, hope this helps, regards, SIMON.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Hi Rob - Middlehurst have a page on their website detailing the model year differences and it states that the 59 plate ones have "improved screen resolution".

R35 GT-R

Put it this way, I'm someone that refuses to watch TV unless it's in HD and I'm more than happy with the display size and quality on the 59 plate that I've just bought! :chuckle:

That said, I don't know whether there is still a difference between the 59 sat nav cars and the MY10 cars.

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Hi Rob - Middlehurst have a page on their website detailing the model year differences and it states that the 59 plate ones have "improved screen resolution".

R35 GT-R

Put it this way, I'm someone that refuses to watch TV unless it's in HD and I'm more than happy with the display size and quality on the 59 plate that I've just bought! :chuckle:

That said, I don't know whether there is still a difference between the 59 sat nav cars and the MY10 cars.

That is a fantastic link. Thanks for sharing!!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Thought I'd comment here instead of making a new thread. Can anybody confirm if there is a difference in the screen between the 59 sat nav cars and MY10 cars?

I had a 370Z which had touch screen connect premium sat nav, Bluetooth, USB and iPhone connectivity. I don't want to buy a GTR that doesn't have these features.

·
Vendor
1,667 Posts
The screens are the same on 59 to 10 although be aware that there are a few 59 plate cars which were registered late and have no nav. If the car is UK and has sat nav, the screen is the newer type. Its just the pre-nav models that don't have those features you fancy along with a screen with a lower definition

1 - 8 of 8 Posts