GTR Forum banner

41 - 60 of 66 Posts

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
Great news, I will be sure to get my mic changed over at Optimisation - in a couple of weeks.:D

·
Premium Member
5,040 Posts
Well done that man!

BTW, in case anyone was wondering this production fault does apply to all UK cars that we know of, not just the MY11s.

Mine's due its 2 year service now; wonder if Middlehurst can do the fix already? I thought Charles Charlie said the wires were too short?
And have you actually tried it to see it does work better?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Naranja-have PM'd you my reg no. Feel free to tell your HPC to talk to Dave at Aldershot HPC.

David-no not had chance to try it myself as away at the moment. I genuinely believe they have fixed it...they know not to return it until it's done-whatever it takes. There was an earlier comment re the length of the wires but they have obviously got around it if indeed it was an issue on mine specifically. I also told them about the likelihood that all these cars have come in as LHD mics. They did the fix in an afternoon btw which given work output probably boils down to 30mins or so-longest time is the testing of it to confirm not working (which I personally did with the mechanic) and then the retesting. In theory , as it's now a known and confirmed problem, there is no need to test each car-just simply do the fix so should be no bother for the HPCs to do. I will however ask them exactly what they needed to do to fix it and feed back that info once received ok.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
777 Posts
Naranja-have PM'd you my reg no. Feel free to tell your HPC to talk to Dave at Aldershot HPC.

David-no not had chance to try it myself as away at the moment. I genuinely believe they have fixed it...they know not to return it until it's done-whatever it takes. There was an earlier comment re the length of the wires but they have obviously got around it if indeed it was an issue on mine specifically. I also told them about the likelihood that all these cars have come in as LHD mics. They did the fix in an afternoon btw which given work output probably boils down to 30mins or so-longest time is the testing of it to confirm not working (which I personally did with the mechanic) and then the retesting. In theory , as it's now a known and confirmed problem, there is no need to test each car-just simply do the fix so should be no bother for the HPCs to do. I will however ask them exactly what they needed to do to fix it and feed back that info once received ok.:thumbsup:
Haven't got the pm but have called the HPC this morning and quoted the TechLine reference and your story, it's getting sorted this Thursday during Opti.
I'll report back after that.
Thanks again.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Well done that man!

BTW, in case anyone was wondering this production fault does apply to all UK cars that we know of, not just the MY11s.

Mine's due its 2 year service now; wonder if Middlehurst can do the fix already? I thought Charles Charlie said the wires were too short?
And have you actually tried it to see it does work better?
David could you let us know what middlehurst say because ive just bought a 2010 from them and no-one can hear me without shouting.If they can do it its going back!

·
Registered
777 Posts
For anyone interested; my car went in for optimisation today and the microphone was swapped over which apparently wasn't difficult, just a bit fiddly.
I made a couple of calls on the way back from Mill Hill, one 20 minute one to someone I call regularly and apparently, the difference is very obvious, described as three times better and I didn't feel the need to shout at all. It is much clearer and now you can hardly hear the indicator, compared to previously when it was very noticable, apparently.

The acid test will come tomorrow, when I call my Mum from it, she loves the car but hates it when I used to call from it due to sound quality!

Well done to Milonator for starting the ball rolling here. And to Mill Hill (Pete and Pete) for sorting it. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
5,040 Posts
David could you let us know what middlehurst say because ive just bought a 2010 from them and no-one can hear me without shouting.If they can do it its going back!
I'll have a chat with them once they're allowed back into work post gas tower fire!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Hi all, here are some shots that the HPC in Aldershot took. Bit hard to see what was done but it was a minor mod (presume a Stanley knife or file was used!). They said "essentially slightly modified the trim so as to re-locate the microphone to the other side and thus improve the quality."
They have confirmed all 09 and 11 cars are LHD mics so get them in guys for the mod.

Attachments

·
Registered
777 Posts
Hi all, here are some shots that the HPC in Aldershot took. Bit hard to see what was done but it was a minor mod (presume a Stanley knife or file was used!). They said "essentially slightly modified the trim so as to re-locate the microphone to the other side and thus improve the quality."
They have confirmed all 09 and 11 cars are LHD mics so get them in guys for the mod.
You can see what the problem is right there then. And the clips are there for the 'RHD' position, strange how they didn't use them from the factory.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
My JDM one works without any problem.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Guys, I had mine fixed as you know-was away after they did it so not been able to get proper testing done until the last week. Have to say that although it is better than before it is still pretty useless. Most people can't hear me and either hang up (waiting for the comic responses!) or I am shouting and not all words are heard by the caller. I have spoken to Nissan again and they are reverting on next course of action. How has everyone else got on with their mod?

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I just shout, but have not had it back to get the mic altered as i try to avoid phone conversations in the car as i prefer to listen to my Titan

·
Premium Member
5,040 Posts
Guys, I had mine fixed as you know-was away after they did it so not been able to get proper testing done until the last week. Have to say that although it is better than before it is still pretty useless. Most people can't hear me and either hang up (waiting for the comic responses!) or I am shouting and not all words are heard by the caller. I have spoken to Nissan again and they are reverting on next course of action. How has everyone else got on with their mod?
Doh, so that's not very encouraging!

Naranja, any further feedback? Does it definitely make a difference?
Is this now logged as a warranty issue, i.e. will be fixed in an agreed way, free of charge?

41 - 60 of 66 Posts