GTR Forum banner

61 - 66 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
777 Posts
Doh, so that's not very encouraging!

Naranja, any further feedback? Does it definitely make a difference?
Is this now logged as a warranty issue, i.e. will be fixed in an agreed way, free of charge?
Apologies for the delay in replying.
This 'fix' has much improved the hands-free, everyone says its better. Any problems I have seem to be related to reception now (voice 'echo' being the main one).
It is recorded at the Nissan tech dept which is available to all HPC's and the fix is under warranty so, yes, it's free.

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
I had the telephone mic switched from left to RHS at optimisation 2 weeks ago by WLMG Slough. They didnt charge me but also didnt admit that it was a fault acknowledged by Nissan at that time (Of course that was 2 weeks ago so could be different now) saying that they thought the move was not far enough to make a difference . They said it wasnt easy and had to remove and refit the headlining to get it done. Pleased to say that there is definately a significant difference in that now people can actually hear me though I have had a bit of echo occasionally but not sure if that is something new or not. The only self inflicted slight problem being the extra noise over 60mph as I now have a Y pipe fitted - but I can live with that.:D

·
Registered
904 Posts
I think I will have mine done when they disassemble the dash and headlining to sort out all manner of annoying squeaks and rattles. I haven't driven the car for a while as I have been away (I must check later if the bloody thing starts) but the squeaking and rattling will surely start to drive me mad again tomorrow.

The hands free phone is markedly inferior to that in the MY10 so I hope this sorts out that problem.

·
Registered
777 Posts
I think I will have mine done when they disassemble the dash and headlining to sort out all manner of annoying squeaks and rattles. I haven't driven the car for a while as I have been away (I must check later if the bloody thing starts) but the squeaking and rattling will surely start to drive me mad again tomorrow.

The hands free phone is markedly inferior to that in the MY10 so I hope this sorts out that problem.
I think it's worth it, mine is definitely better but still not great at motorway speeds and I don't have a Y pipe.
The rattles and squeaks thing is strange, mine is much better than my 09, pretty refined actually, apart from my rear brake pads which are awful!

·
Registered
82 Posts
I have a MY09 EDM - RHD of course and I have the same problem. People telling me that they almost can't hear me.
Wouldn't be surprised at all if I had the mic aligned on the LHD side though driving a RHD.
Funny as hell if it turns out that all NON-UK EU GT-R's has them aligned for LHD since all UK GT-R's has them aligned on RHD. :thumbsup:

61 - 66 of 66 Posts