GTR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all i just picked up my MY11 stock with Y pipe only and wondering what are the gains of a map for me as 530 stock plus Y pipe I'm must be around the 560-570 mark already as i am neck on neck with my brother in his R33 stroker 620 Bhp thanks

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
It'll just up the boost a bit and give you 570-580, you'll be putting your power down better with more torque than your brother and with a much better transmission.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It'll just up the boost a bit and give you 570-580, you'll be putting your power down better with more torque than your brother and with a much better transmission.
thanks for the reply, wheres the best place to go ?
I'm new to the jap scene as i was a german guy before lol
but as i say now if it aint jap its crap :thumbsup: hahaha

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
hi all i just picked up my MY11 stock with Y pipe only and wondering what are the gains of a map for me as 530 stock plus Y pipe I'm must be around the 560-570 mark already as i am neck on neck with my brother in his R33 stroker 620 Bhp thanks
If your car is stock with a Y pipe it won't be making 560-570 already because it has to be mapped to get the gains the Y pipe allows.
Right now you've probably just got more noise.

Get the stage one map and you should see 570-580bhp.

Your brother has to change gear and his car is more difficult to drive, so is at a disadvantage already. ;)

Best place to go depends where you are.

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
thanks for the reply, wheres the best place to go ?
I'm new to the jap scene as i was a german guy before lol
but as i say now if it aint jap its crap :thumbsup: hahaha
Depends where you're based. I choose Litchfield Motors or SRD Tuning (and I'm in Liverpool).
But if you're in the
north west, you've got AC Speedtech
north east, JM Imports
Midlands & south west, Litchfield
South east, SRD Tuning

There's also SVM (apologies to anyone I missed)

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i kinda guessed that i see a video on here after i posted that pushing 543 with y pipe so 80 BHP short and I'm neck on neck map coming very soon lool cheers guys I'm in kent

thanks for the reply's :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
The R35 punches above it's weight in terms of bhp per tonne because it's got such a good quick shifting gearbox and traction.

A skyline needs a lot more power per tonne before it has a chance.

I've been neck and neck on track and as soon as the Skyline driver goes to change gear you just pull away.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Just had my MY11 remapped at Litchfields, popped down to SRR for a Dyno test, ran 590 bhp and 554 ft-lbs.. So I'd say it's a well worth doing....:)

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
I know I'll get slated, but I think in the real world a stage 1 or 2 and probably 3 won't make much, if any, real noticeable difference to a stock MY11.

My last GTR, a stock MY11, was neck and neck with a Litchfield stage 1 tuned car when nailing it down a dual carriageway. At best, a stage 2 or 3 would give you a knats **** advantage IMO, which is pretty much irrelevant in real world driving on public roads.

·
Registered
6,385 Posts
Litchfields and I'd have the latest Motorsport gearbox software done at the same time..... Awsome difference

·
Registered
808 Posts
I know I'll get slated, but I think in the real world a stage 1 or 2 and probably 3 won't make much, if any, real noticeable difference to a stock MY11.

My last GTR, a stock MY11, was neck and neck with a Litchfield stage 1 tuned car when nailing it down a dual carriageway. At best, a stage 2 or 3 would give you a knats **** advantage IMO, which is pretty much irrelevant in real world driving on public roads.
If the stage 1 car was pre my11 it would be approx same as a new my11

You are wrong on stage 2/3 etc and even stage 1 on my11. If anything it isn't the power increase but torque increase that makes the difference in the real world and that's significant even with stage 1

·
Registered
888 Posts
Can I just ask, is the ECUTEK racerom re-map individual to the car, i.e.; live road or dyne map whilst driving? Or is it a base map just loaded?

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
If the stage 1 car was pre my11 it would be approx same as a new my11

You are wrong on stage 2/3 etc and even stage 1 on my11. If anything it isn't the power increase but torque increase that makes the difference in the real world and that's significant even with stage 1
I'd have to disagree. Saucyboy and me were on the runway, he's Stage 1 with 570, I was Stage 3 with 600bhp, and he got the jump on me at the start and pulled a car length ahead. I was nigh on level with him after a mile.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts