GTR Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the heading suggests,

What are the differences, im struggling to find them by searching, if there are differences is it worth spending the extra to go from MY11 to MY12?

Im not fussed about the power difference as i plan to take it straight to stage 2

·
Registered
644 Posts
Hmm.. Dont think there is much significant differences apart from the power between the two.. My12 would probably be driven less and have slightly better interior condition (depending on the type of previous owner ofcorse)

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks

Im not too fussed about the condition as that is subjective, im more interested in any mechanical differences which are noticeable or any exterior differences

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
I went for 2011 so I could start mods with not having to think about warranty. GTR needs to be stage1 at least I'm at stage 4.25 :) and it's an animal compared to std.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Power I plan to take to 4.25 also, need that GTC Titan exhaust first , that sounds the bollocks, so basically differnce between 2011 and 2012 is non existent? I think the rear camera is better in the 2012?

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
Hmm.. Dont think there is much significant differences apart from the power between the two.. My12 would probably be driven less and have slightly better interior condition (depending on the type of previous owner ofcorse)
MY12 is the first year they got asymmetric suspension on the front of the Right Hand Drive models to allow for the weight of the steering column.

Power also officially went from 520bhp to 550bhp.

Some other minor changes, but that's the main two things.

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
So is it worth getting a 12 for the asymmetric suspension
In my opinion, no.

It might be slightly better when you are a racing driver on a hot lap.
But in reality I doubt many of us would notice or see any real benefit.

It's worth a bit more for the MY12 because it's newer than an MY11 and should have less miles.
But other than that, either is a good choice.

·
Registered
9,091 Posts
Rich, wasn't it 530 to 550?

I think the my12 also had a blue ring led around the speedometer but I've not seen that.

in my opinion, not worth it at all.

Hashlak, that's a bit of a silly point. The my11 could be a garage queen and the my12 a daily driver. Model year of car has zero to do with potential condition or wear.

·
Registered
130 Posts
A quick search on Google tells me these are the (US model) changes:

Engine/Transmission:
Now rated 545hp/463lbft (+15hp, +15lbft tq)
Revised intake manifold, Intercooler duct piping, compact catalyzer in midpipe, revised valve control timing, air mixture ratio and ignition timing

Suspension:
Retuned with higher spring rates Further reinforced chassis firewall

Brakes:
Unchanged

Wheels:
Unchanged

Interior:
Ambient blue accent lighting in tachometer

Sounds like some nice, but probably not noticeable, improvements.
Also, the last year they made any performance enhancements if I'm not mistaken, after that the focus shifted more towards comfort and refinement.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Hashlak, that's a bit of a silly point. The my11 could be a garage queen and the my12 a daily driver. Model year of car has zero to do with potential condition or wear.
Yes, thats why i put in brackets "depending on the type of previous owner ofcorse"

:p

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
You won't notice much if any difference when you drive them. I've driven 11, 13 and 09 model years, and the stock performance is just about the same, although the 13 has a more instant/sensitive throttle response, but the 09 perhaps feels slightly better to drive because of the slightly stiffer harsher ride. All in all there's not a lot in it :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts