GTR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just swapped my 12 plate MY11 for a 63 plate MY13, and after reading the the MY14 thread thought it would be a good idea to have a MY13 thread :)

Apparently the MY14 has gone a bit softer and more refined, which is the opposite to what I like so I'll probably never own one, but will take one for a test drive before ruling them out when the time comes.

The MY13 is fantastic to drive, everything I like. Somehow it changes gear even quicker than my last one and is now mind blowingly quick through the gears.

Throttle response is a fair bit more sensitive and somehow it seems to know what you want to do, so just a slight press of the peddle can have you hurtling through the gears. It does a lovely little trick when changing from 1st to 2nd, which happens so quick it's just a blur as 2nd gear kicks in with a bit of wheel spin and added oomphh, hard to explain but really noticeable over my last car and a joy to feel.

The ride feels a bit harder which I really like. I used to run my last car in RRN but this one I keep in NNN and it feels quicker, more responsive, harsher and rawer than RR did in the MY11. I feel no need to use R mode in this one.

Steering feels the same.

Hard to compare interiors as my last one was a premium and this one is a recaro, but so far there are no annoying crisp packet type rustling noises from the rear seat area like the old one had. Recaro seats feel much nicer than the premium seats, and love the half red leather steering wheel which I thought might bug me but actually looks and feels really nice.

In summary I'd say the last one was a joy to drive but this one is even better and it's noticeable, not just bullshit, it really is a fantastic machine to drive.

Anyone else have any MY13 stories?

·
Registered
206 Posts
I picked mine up about two weeks and am running it in so can't comment to much on performance but I do love it. its also my first so no comparison stories. but like you I thought I would hate the steering wheel and it would be getting re-trimmed but I actually like it. Especially now it has a carbon centre. :)
I've taken my rear seat bases out and replaced with some bases that I have made so the kids seats fit better but I can see how the foil might make some noise.
I think the rear seats generally are a bit of a let down and will be having them re-trimmed to match the fronts eventually but I think this has come up plenty of times before.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah rear area and particularly rear side panels are atrocious quality wise. You're gonna love it after you've run it in :)

·
Registered
208 Posts
My last one was a MY12 which I sold July last Year Collecting a MY13 Next Week (Unregistered) so after run in might be able to compare but not sure if my memory goes back that far :chuckle:

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My last one was a MY11 as per my original post, not a MY12. The 13 throttle response is the biggest difference I've noticed, it really is a work of art, very clever and very nice :)

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
I drove a friends brand new car from the show room in Scotland to London with some diversions to see other friends on the way down. So had a good 500+ mile drive in it. As I was running it in I couldn't explore the revs, but I was not too fussed about that.

Compared to my 2010 car, the 2013 suspension was just better. Just enough to make it noticeably better - especially the way it absorbed bumps - was not as crashy.

The brakes initial bite was a lot sharper than my pagids, but after talking to Litcho he suggested pagid pads tend to have a "wooden" feel? Stopping power is fine though!

The throttle feel was a lot more responsive than I remember my stock 2010 being as well. Also felt there was a lot more low down torque

1 - 7 of 7 Posts