GTR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any way to transfer music to the HDD other than cd? I can't find anything in the manual about transferring from USB pen or an SD card slot hidden somewhere?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts
That's because that facility doesn't exist.

By its nature the AV system rips CDs and to adhere to copyright law it encrypts the files specific to the individual AV unit so they can't be transferred off it and played elsewhere.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just bought a new 64gb USB dongle and dropped my files onto it. Cursed car doesn't recognise the USB stick. I have to say, for a 2014 car the entertainment system is wretched - a pebble in the shoe of an otherwise perfect auto.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So, I managed to sort it but jesus, what a palava!

Only had to buy a memory key, then download a third party piece of software because Windows 10 doesn't support formattkng FAT32, then copy the files.

It's working now (ish) but it seems that whenever I use any of navigation, either scrolling songs in an album or the folders themselves it automatically starts playing what I'm scrolling over. It's bloody annoying!

Is there any way to change it so it only scrolls to view but requires a physical, intentional selection to play something?

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Sounds nasty, I just push CD's in mine, so simple :)

Not sure I'm gonna like the future, my dad's just bought a top spec Discovery and it doesn't have a CD mouth, I guess everything will have to be done with the same palava you're having.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sounds nasty, I just push CD's in mine, so simple :)

Not sure I'm gonna like the future, my dad's just bought a top spec Discovery and it doesn't have a CD mouth, I guess everything will have to be done with the same palava you're having.
Haven't bought a CD in over 5 years...

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
It's working now (ish) but it seems that whenever I use any of navigation, either scrolling songs in an album or the folders themselves it automatically starts playing what I'm scrolling over. It's bloody annoying!

Is there any way to change it so it only scrolls to view but requires a physical, intentional selection to play something?
There is a mode that does that. Have a look in the MFD manual and it should show you how to turn it on and off.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts