GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 270 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a good look at an MY14 GT-R in the new Vermillion Red colour today at Glyn Hopkin in Romford as they'd borrowed one from Nissan HQ as the demo cars have not arrived yet.

It's not as bright as I was expecting, certainly nothing like the press photos.
Kind of a medium metallic red that really comes alive in the sun when the gold flake looks really good.

They have finally sorted out the suspension too.
While I didn't drive it the comfort on the road was very good, certainly noticably better than the MY11 upgraded suspension cars and with this I can't see any reason why you'd change for the Litchfield kit set up. It's close.

This car also had the red premium interior (£3,500 extra) and to be honest I just wouldn't.
It's more brown than red and it's too expensive for an optional interior trim.
The only real benefit is you do get a set of nicely trimmed back seats too, like the fronts where the stock interiors have quite basic back seats.

Overall, very nice looking car.
Maybe it doesn't even need a lairy wrap as it the sun it looks great...

Was I impressed?

Yes, I just put down a deposit. :chuckle:

·
Registered
540 Posts
Amazing what an improvement the retrim makes to the ambience of the car. It feels a lot more 'together' and grown up, in keeping with what you expect from a car costing £75k. My MY13 feels very disjointed and a bit all over the place inside, with loads of different materials, in a rainbow of colours:

- Black faux leather dash and door tops
- Black textured rubber on dash also
- Scratchy black textured plastic on some trim pieces
- Grey carpet on doors
- Grey material headliner
- Black faux leather rear seats
- Grey and red perforated front seats
- Black perforated steering wheel
- Shiny faux metal trim pieces on doors and stereo surrounds

All over the place! Sticking to two colours and consistent materials makes such a difference.

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Nice colour, nice interior, although cream leather with red piping would be far nicer :)

Richard, do they let you drive it properly, or is it rev restricted as not run-in yet?

·
Registered
65 Posts
would be interested in seeing someone do a back to back with a car equipped with litchfield suspension. I'm about a couple of months away from upgrading my 59plate with Litchfields suspension, and big brake kit, the cost of which plus p/x could also count as a deposit for a new MY14 instead. Although i prefer the wheels of the older car, the thought of a new car warranty, especially with my bell housing on the way out is a tempting prospect

·
Registered
9,073 Posts
Litchfield suspension and big brake kit are components that can be sold on. Bellhousing is a non issue and if you wanted you could get a litchfield warranty.

Personally I'm suitably unimpressed with the improvements of the 14 over the 13/12/11 to make it worth while. I was really hoping for a step change forward but haven't seen anything to show that it has moved on since the DBA was introduced - so I'm sticking with mine.

I'd rather buy either an R36 or an MP4 next - but that's coming from someone who has a GT-R. For Rich who doesn't have one, I would certainly order an MY14 (not in that red!), or a second hand 11/12/13.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I'm tending to agree with your thoughts, i wasn't intending on getting a new car on a whim because a i had a £600 bill coming up, i was also factoring the cost of litchfield suspension + Alcon BBK, but Adam has made very valid points which i have convinced me to stay the original course

·
Registered
690 Posts
Congratulations Richard. Looks a fabulous car and I bet you can't wait for the delivery date. What do they expect the waiting time to be?

H

1 - 20 of 270 Posts