GTR Forum banner

201 - 220 of 270 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #201
CT17,
Yes think it's a combination. It just feels refined now which takes away some of the track car type feel if you see what I mean.

Dougie.
Agreed, seems to have lost the fact that at lower speeds it's reminding you it's a brute.
But as soon as you press on it feels amazingly capable, just more compliant on the suspension so it's not skipping and jumping over road imperfections any more.

·
Premium Member
5,788 Posts
My MY11 was running the EcuTek software and it's very similar.
You can catch it out if you put it in gear and immediately press the accelerator, which makes it jump forwards, but other than that it's very smooth IMO.
I've not had a stock MY11, 12 or 13.

At this stage the car feels right, I don't want to change anything.
ThAnks bud

·
Registered
63 Posts
CT17,
Can't quite work out the head lights.

In auto in the dark you get lightening bolt, dipped and day runners.
In auto during daylight you get just day runners.
In manual side lights on you get lightening bolt and day runners (day or night).

I would have expected the day runners and the lightening bolts to be on all the time. Pain in the ass to always have to switch them on manually during the day then switch to auto for night driving.

Dougie.

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #204
Yes, the DRLs are only the lower set like in earlier cars.

You'd think as a styling feature the "bolts" would be on all the time as it's very distinctive.

I do wonder if maybe they could be activated with a coding change?

Just leave mine on auto.
Still confused whey they removed the "off" position.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Forgot to say the steering is a lot lighter at slower speeds aswell.

Dougie.
Hi Dougie I know CT17 says how much softer the ride is on the 14 Models compared to the MY11 Models but is there much difference compared to the MY13 ?
Cheers
Chris
Btw: CT17 love the new Car great colour choice my last one was Vibrant Red and loved that but think the New Red looks even better.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Chris,
MY11,12 and 13 were all much the same for suspension but the MY14 is very different. Tightens up a bit if put in R mode but still not near the crash bang of the older models.

I'll need to wait till I've run it in to see if it responds like the old ones.

Dougie.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Chris,
MY11,12 and 13 were all much the same for suspension but the MY14 is very different. Tightens up a bit if put in R mode but still not near the crash bang of the older models.

I'll need to wait till I've run it in to see if it responds like the old ones.

Dougie.
Cheers Dougie I'm looking at a couple of 13 demo models but may bite the bullet and order a MY14.
(Sorry for hijacking your thread slightly Richard)

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #213
Cheers Dougie I'm looking at a couple of 13 demo models but may bite the bullet and order a MY14.
(Sorry for hijacking your thread slightly Richard)
I actually looked at doing exactly the same. :)
Demo MY13 cars were around £62-£65k.
Litchfield suspension supply and fit was around £4,500 IIRC. Couldn't have had one without that personally after my MY11 which I had it fitted to.

So for a bit more you got the newer model with more refinement, a few updates and no need to change the suspension.
Seemed worth it.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I actually looked at doing exactly the same. :)
Demo MY13 cars were around £62-£65k.
Litchfield suspension supply and fit was around £4,500 IIRC. Couldn't have had one without that personally after my MY11 which I had it fitted to.

So for a bit more you got the newer model with more refinement, a few updates and no need to change the suspension.
Seemed worth it.
I'm very impatient TT-RS went at the weekend so looking at something to replace it with now not sure if a can stand the 8-10 week order time and as I only keep Cars for about 6 Months would mean missing some of the best driving months.

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #216
I'm very impatient TT-RS went at the weekend so looking at something to replace it with now not sure if a can stand the 8-10 week order time and as I only keep Cars for about 6 Months would mean missing some of the best driving months.
Make me an offer. ;) :chuckle:

201 - 220 of 270 Posts