GTR Forum banner

141 - 160 of 270 Posts

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
You need a comma in between the "calm down calm down". Then start a new sentence at "it's". Also, start sentences with capitals

Like this.
... but don't finish them with full stops? :)

Chronos, you shouldn't let him off so lightly, there's few things as funny as a hypocritical grammar nazi making a fool of himself. :chuckle:

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
I am keen to here your opinions on Ride quality when some of you drive the new car, I just can't live every day with the current one, it was too harsh for me and noisy on UK roads to the point of headache .
YES I am older than most of you (65 next birthday:nervous:) but still drive fast cars and enjoy them.

Waiting for "fall out".:squintdan
No fall out here John, but it's funny how different people perceive the same car isn't it?

To me, the GT-R is a little too soft and a little too quiet in standard guise!

Most ppl seem to want it softer though, I mean MPSS tyres are very popular, but maybe price has something to do with that?

Mine is on the harsher runflats, but I still drive it with suspension in R mode to stiffen it up a bit more.

I guess there is no right or wrong, but to me a car with hyper performance and handling must have rock hard aggressive suspension, soft and comfy is a massive no no!

·
Premium Member
1,925 Posts
Personally, I'd like to see a more extreme track version with a half rollcage and bucket seats/harnesses aimed for the track, like the GT3RS etc. The TrackPack edition didn't really do much other than remove the rear seats, blue front seat trim and front ducts that don't lead air anywhere.

·
Registered
4,493 Posts
Personally, I'd like to see a more extreme track version with a half rollcage and bucket seats/harnesses aimed for the track, like the GT3RS etc. The TrackPack edition didn't really do much other than remove the rear seats, blue front seat trim and front ducts that don't lead air anywhere.
That would be good.... :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #149
I thought that was the whole point of the "Track/ring attack" NISMO version that's rumored to be around £140k or so...

Although a baby brother version of that for £50k less and 2% slower would probably sell quite well.

There was talk of a track spec add on pack to the regular GT-R, but not seen anything yet.
One thing is for certain, it needs to be better than the £10k previous Track Pack which as said was a bit of a waste of time IMO.

·
Premium Member
8,824 Posts
When is the R36 due 2015/2016? I think I saw it mentioned in passing on a Pistonheads article
LOL, not even Nissan know !!! Ring them and ask and try and get a sensible answer :banned:

John maybe "too Old" to drive it when he gets it as he will have his mobility scooter !!!:bowdown1::flame::wavey::popcorn::squintdan:squintdan:squintdan

·
Registered
751 Posts
Nice to see you back in an R35 Richard.
Other than the new colour I'm surprised you went for a new car given the cost and depreciation.
Personally I'm not convinced there's any real substance to the Nissan updates, rather low cost changes to eek out a bit of model life: suspension playing catch up with the aftermarket; interior, prefer the Recaro's or aftermarket and dynamat; new tyres, great but we all change those fairly regularly and I look forward to seeing how they compare in the wet; warranty ...lol.

Protegimus

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #153 (Edited)
Nice to see you back in an R35 Richard.
Other than the new colour I'm surprised you went for a new car given the cost and depreciation.
Personally I'm not convinced there's any real substance to the Nissan updates, rather low cost changes to eek out a bit of model life: suspension playing catch up with the aftermarket; interior, prefer the Recaro's or aftermarket and dynamat; new tyres, great but we all change those fairly regularly and I look forward to seeing how they compare in the wet; warranty ...lol.

Protegimus
Gone into it with my eyes open. :)

The depreciation on a new GT-R doesn't look that bad to me.
I guess it's a matter of perspective.
Fortunately my situation has been improving, I bought my MY10 18 months old on finance, my MY11 a year old outright and now a MY14 new.

I expect it'll lose £28k or so over two years against the list price. Nobody pays list price. ;)
With the mods, I did £23k on the MY11 in 18 months on top of the headache and hassle of the VM wrapping.

Yes, I might mod and yes, it'll cost me a bit more than the MY11.
But I'll also use it more as the MY14 is a better daily package and I will be able to use it more with the children and wife.

So all round I'm happy. :clap:

I don't have warranty issues as I'm not a bhp chasing modder.
The MY11 was great on track with just an exhaust and remap. Never felt like it needed more to me.
I may upgrade the brakes on the MY14, but I doubt I'll do much more.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Putting a brave face on it then as you didn't get 28k discount ;)

I'm genuinely glad for you mate, but there's a bit of enthusiasm in your comment as (from the passenger seat) the MY14 is maybe a better daily package than any standard previous version.
To be fair they are only responding to just criticism in refinement.

If the 2014 came with slightly reduced dimensions, better cabin plastics and trim design, overhauled information system, 7 speed gearbox, cylinder deactivation, lighter seats, lighter exhaust, carbon roof & trunk, brake cooling and more use of alloys in the body/sub-frames it would be worth the investment.

Warranty wise I was referring to Nissan's lack of support for their flagship product, better service and higher quality components are available from any of the independents.

As a comparison, I recently test drove a MY13 (they don't yet have a 14).
I liked the Recaro's.
My modified CBA is mechanically better (other than the bell housing that was ok until 35k miles, but now rattles like Jagger and will be replaced with a Litchfield unit at next service), changes gear more smoothly and rapidly, has better traction, better brakes, significantly better engine response & sound, improved steering traceability and is more fun to drive.
I mention this as it is an interesting reversal and a genuine indication of how far Nissan development has lapsed.

Protegimus

·
Registered
9,073 Posts
Putting a brave face on it then as you didn't get 28k discount ;)

I'm genuinely glad for you mate, but there's a bit of enthusiasm in your comment as (from the passenger seat) the MY14 is maybe a better daily package than any standard previous version.
To be fair they are only responding to just criticism in refinement.

If the 2014 came with slightly reduced dimensions, better cabin plastics and trim design, overhauled information system, 7 speed gearbox, cylinder deactivation, lighter seats, lighter exhaust, carbon roof & trunk, brake cooling and more use of alloys in the body/sub-frames it would be worth the investment.

Warranty wise I was referring to Nissan's lack of support for their flagship product, better service and higher quality components are available from any of the independents.

As a comparison, I recently test drove a MY13 (they don't yet have a 14).
I liked the Recaro's.
My modified CBA is mechanically better (other than the bell housing that was ok until 35k miles, but now rattles like Jagger and will be replaced with a Litchfield unit at next service), changes gear more smoothly and rapidly, has better traction, better brakes, significantly better engine response & sound, improved steering traceability and is more fun to drive.
I mention this as it is an interesting reversal and a genuine indication of how far Nissan development has lapsed.

Protegimus
No offence but it sounds to me like you are trying to convince yourself you are better off with your car. That's great news for you!

For Richard it sounds like he make a great choice for his circumstances. In his position you or I might have done the same thing but all of our little ramblings are justifications so we don't feel foolish or jealous.

·
Banned
3,066 Posts
If I can afford to take the hit come the time, I'd love a MY14.

I fear I wont be able to though so may have to settle for a MY12 or similar.

If we could all have MY14's we would, its just some of us aren't in the position to take the hit of buying a new car.

·
Premium Member
8,824 Posts
Think I'm gonna strip a "my Original" make it a stage 5 car and blow away all the MY's since, even the Track pack Nismo and Spec V that never really took off.

Will be interesting to see how a My 14 compares in the real world to ALL the rest but, yawn, aren't we getting fed up with the little err "improvement" for errrr lots more money ?

·
Registered
751 Posts
Yes Adam thanks for that, but while you contrive to present an opinion of your own I'm sure Richard can speak for himself. I didn't take a MY13 out for fun.

No offence but it sounds to me like you are trying to convince yourself you are better off with your car. That's great news for you!

For Richard it sounds like he make a great choice for his circumstances. In his position you or I might have done the same thing but all of our little ramblings are justifications so we don't feel foolish or jealous.
Richard has repeatedly posted regarding the value for money proposition and particularly on depreciation when others were considering their options. The MY14 offers superficial improvement to address fair criticism on refinement and to make it more comfortable, something I'm not sure a GT-R needs.
Personally I think there are better options new and that Richard got a bit carried away about how good the MY14 really is as a daily driver after his passenger ride.

Protegimus

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #159
MY14 is only £3,000 more than a MY13 was.
So in my opinion the upgrades this year are worth it.

If I had not gone new, I'd have gone for a demo MY13 around £62k... wrapped it and added the suspension kit.
For a six month newer car that hasn't been used and abused I'm more than happy paying the extra. :)

Every time a new GT-R is mentioned we have people in here saying it's not worth it and how their older cars are better.
They may be better in some ways. But they didn't come out of the factory like that. So there is cost and extra wear to factor in.
Plus they are older with more miles on them.

Lets face facts. A newer car with less miles is worth more, but of depreciation.
Just as modding an older car has lower depreciation plus you don't get back a lot of the money you spend on mods.

Any way you look at it, under £80k list still makes a GT-R a performance bargain.
Even if the drivers of the early ones paid less.

·
Registered
821 Posts
MY14 is only £3,000 more than a MY13 was.
So in my opinion the upgrades this year are worth it.

If I had not gone new, I'd have gone for a demo MY13 around £62k... wrapped it and added the suspension kit.
For a six month newer car that hasn't been used and abused I'm more than happy paying the extra. :)

Every time a new GT-R is mentioned we have people in here saying it's not worth it and how their older cars are better.
They may be better in some ways. But they didn't come out of the factory like that. So there is cost and extra wear to factor in.
Plus they are older with more miles on them.

Lets face facts. A newer car with less miles is worth more, but of depreciation.
Just as modding an older car has lower depreciation plus you don't get back a lot of the money you spend on mods.

Any way you look at it, under £80k list still makes a GT-R a performance bargain.
Even if the drivers of the early ones paid less.
+1 :thumbsup:

Congratulations on the purchase mate

141 - 160 of 270 Posts