GTR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am tempted to get a set of these hut was wondering if anyone knew the design if the stock connector on our headlights.

Mine is a dba which may make a difference.

Over in the states they are talking about it having a 6 pin or an 8 pin connector.

anyone have any ideas?

·
Premium Member
3,733 Posts
I suspect they may have different connector as have the adaptive beam tech in them and the new 'bolt' effect extra light?

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
Alledgedly mine will be here in two weeks or so.
I'll have a look for you Adam if you can wait that long and don't start pulling apart a demo car. ;)

·
Registered
9,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can wait that long - thanks!

Rog, everything from America so far says they have the same connector which is linked to the canbus and so contains info on the speed and steering angle. Apparently the control units for the adaptive headlights are integral with the units meaning the whole lot could possibly be plug and play.

·
Registered
9,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Shit loads.

They are 800 dollars each for the rears and something like 1900 dollars each for the fronts.

Then shipping vat and import duty.

Pretty sure Iain is landing them in bulk from a cheaper supplier without the expensive middleman.

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
Shit loads.

They are 800 dollars each for the rears and something like 1900 dollars each for the fronts.

Then shipping vat and import duty.

Pretty sure Iain is landing them in bulk from a cheaper supplier without the expensive middleman.
Considering Nissan want £1200 for a front headlight currently that doesn't seem quite so bad...

·
Registered
69 Posts
The rears are a straight bolt-in affair. The fronts are a straight install if your car has the 4-pin connectors on the existing headlamps. If you have the 3-pin headlamp plugs, you'll have to do some minor wiring to get them to work.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts