GTR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Just joined. Purchased brand new MY14 yesterday to be delivered next week. my question is:

What is or if there is a limitation to how many launch controls you are able to do on the car? Is it limited like other vehicles due to strain on the engine and power train or has the GTR now been programmed to offer a controllable and computerised way of consistently doing Launch controls obviously in the knowledge of moderation and wear and tear management?

·
Registered
924 Posts
If I'm not wrong I'm sure you can use launch with no limitation on the newer gtrs my11 on words. I think you can do 3 launches in a raw then the car won't let you do anymore for another 30 mins before you can do another 3.
I maybe wrong, someone will be here soon to tell you the facts.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Yes it's something along the lines Kabz said, not sure how long it takes for the reset, I was under the impression it would be when the Engine heats down to a certain temperature.

·
Registered
9,090 Posts
Pretty sure it's four within a short space of time then it forces you to drive a few miles until the transmission temperature drops.

It's in the manual.

This limit can be disabled with an ecutek remap.

·
Registered
6,398 Posts
You can launch 4 times then the four wheel drive light comes on and your car will go into a reduced power mode, you have yo drive normal for one mile and then the light will turn off allowing the transmission to cool down and then your ready to launch four again

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
Ignore what he book says, which has been quoted above.
The light comes on and tells you to drive normally when the transmission gets hot, not after a set number of launches in a certain time.

How many times it takes to get it too hot depends on a number of factors, the main one being grip.

If there is less grip the trans gets hot quicker, you might only get two launches before the warning light starts flashing and you need to drive it a bit.

It can also cut the power when the trans is cooling, making the car feel like it's got about 200bhp until the trans cools down and the light goes out.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Aside from the obvious stress on the drivetrain, does launching have any measurable effect on clutch life if you only do a few until the novelty passes?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts