GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

It's been nearly a year since I've owned my 2014 Nissan GTR and I've loved every second of it, easily one of the best cars I've owned.

Anyways, I've been thinking of selling/part exchanging my MY14 for the 2017+ facelift model, I'm a big fan of the looks inside and out but I'm just wondering if the changes they made are worth the additional £20k since they sell for around £60k+ (I paid £42k for mine)

Any owners of the MY17 or people that have driven one would be a great help.

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
638 Posts
Newer is IMO always better, however IF your not in a position to put £20K in without extra outlay (PCP increase as many do this) I would go for the best car you can afford. You only live once.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I avoided MY17 and later for a long time as I dont like the paddle shift fitment change. But there are now getting to be a few things that might outweigh that....

·
Registered
26,150 Posts
couple of questions i would say are

do you own your car example (no finance)
how secure can be over the next 2-3 years on income and meeting the requirements (for buying a new model or pcp)

i am not sure the changes are that much better in terms of the price.

i doubt you will loose much on the MY14 over the next 2 years say, but going newer for sure, it will loose a chunk

so you paying more, loosing more.

just my 2ps

·
Premium Member
6,113 Posts
I went through this loop a while ago as I really like the exterior styling of the 2017 onwards (the inside is nicer as well) but I just couldn't justify the cost of change. Where I almost ended up was going for some exterior changes (new bumpers, wings and Sideskirts) to change the way it looked but in the end even that I didn't feel was a useful way to use my money.

·
Vendor
2,898 Posts
Newer is better IMO, there getting old now so there’s more chances of problems arising. Eba can be picked up well under 60k if your patient and the 2014 cars still have a strong market.
sell private is your best bet To trade upwards.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Massive improvement with the MY17.... Interior, exterior, better sound system, quieter inside, valved exhaust, better low-end pickup, front and rear parking sensors, nicer gearbox, better suspension settings. Litchfield dyno was 656bhp using standard exhaust and downpipes. Just injectors, Y-pipe, intakes and a remap. Feels far quicker than my earlier cars.

Initial downsides for me were, the fuel filler was a bitch to fill (sussed it now), fixed paddles and lighter steering.

My grey one will go up for sale soon with just 13,000 miles cos I fancy a bayside.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Massive improvement with the MY17.... Interior, exterior, better sound system, quieter inside, valved exhaust, better low-end pickup, front and rear parking sensors, nicer gearbox, better suspension settings. Litchfield dyno was 656bhp using standard exhaust and downpipes. Just injectors, Y-pipe, intakes and a remap. Feels far quicker than my earlier cars.

Initial downsides for me were, the fuel filler was a bitch to fill (sussed it now), fixed paddles and lighter steering.

My grey one will go up for sale soon with just 13,000 miles cos I fancy a bayside.
The changes made to the MY17 appeal to me a lot to be honest, there have always been little things with my 14 GTR that the 17 fixed such as everything you mentioned so I’ll definitely consider it. My GTR is also a grey, out of curiosity how much would you plan to sell your grey 17 for? Many thanks!

·
Registered
61 Posts
I love all the changes on the MY17 but it's just a case of is it worth the extra to you. The earlier cars are still amazing. However the bayside blue which I think was MY20 on is just lovely!

For me I couldn't justify the cost difference.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I've only ever driven modified MY11-15 and a stock MY17 but there was something very unnatural and light with the steering of the MY17 car. Also I cannot stand the paddle change for a road car attached to the wheel and much prefer attached to column so a low mileage DBA was for me.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I couldn't justify the extra £15,000 for an EBA, so went for an end of line 2016 DBA, would have loved the newer interior but I am still very happy. Either way you will love it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
When I got my GTR I found the DBA to be the sweet spot in terms of rawness (CBA) and refinement (EBA) after test driving a few. If you must have more refinement and better interior then EBA is for you, just that you will pay the money for that.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Have owned an my09 CBA black edition then, a recaro DBA my13, both for about 4 years. Then moved to an EBA prestige MY17. Definitely go for newer facelift car if it is within reach. As to depreciation considerations, was under the impression there are much fewer MY17 facelift cars due to Nissan new car price hikes? Also, to consider lower ongoing tax rates for Apr17 onwards cars especially after end of ‘additional rate’.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I test drove both an immaculate 2015 and new 2019 and ended up going for the 2019. For me the interior alone sold it to me, I like to be behind a nice dash and although the pre 17 aren't bad they just felt too dated for me, Also I really liked the sound of the titanium exhaust with just a Milltek Ypipe, obviously it is a lot more money but if you can afford it I think you would be happy with the newer one.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Any major difference between 19 plate and MY21? Cars on 19 plate seems like a good deal ATM around 68k mark and unlikely to depreciate that much over a year or two.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Any major difference between 19 plate and MY21? Cars on 19 plate seems like a good deal ATM around 68k mark and unlikely to depreciate that much over a year or two.
Gearbox software been updated on MY21 new alloys and blue tip exhaust and 5% increase in torque I believe. So in other words no not a major difference.

May poss be looking to sell my car I'm still in two minds about it but if I do it will only go up for sale on here.

White Recaro, 69 plate, 2,500 miles.

·
Registered
155 Posts
How much will you be selling yours for if you don’t mind me asking?

Gearbox software been updated on MY21 new alloys and blue tip exhaust and 5% increase in torque I believe. So in other words no not a major difference.

May poss be looking to sell my car I'm still in two minds about it but if I do it will only go up for sale on here.

White Recaro, 69 plate, 2,500 miles.

·
Registered
148 Posts
How much will you be selling yours for if you don’t mind me asking?
There's no other 69 reg on Autotradrer or a 19 plate with this mileage as a comparative so 72k advertised. It's got a Russ Fellows Y pipe (fitted by Nissan) and PPF'd all at front end and ceramic coated.

But let's see as contemplating a change as its my 4th one!

·
Registered
155 Posts
I would keep it if I were you because like you said no major difference and I’ve also noticed on autotrader, white are more expensive comparing to any other colours. Can’t justify another 10k plus ppf and exhaust on top.

There's no other 69 reg on Autotradrer or a 19 plate with this mileage as a comparative so 72k advertised. It's got a Russ Fellows Y pipe (fitted by Nissan) and PPF'd all at front end and ceramic coated.

But let's see as contemplating a change as its my 4th one!

·
Registered
148 Posts
I would keep it if I were you because like you said no major difference and I’ve also noticed on autotrader, white are more expensive comparing to any other colours. Can’t justify another 10k plus ppf and exhaust on top.
Thinking of changing from GTR to something else. But let's see what happens as I said still just pondering with the idea for now.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts