GTR Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Any major difference between 19 plate and MY21? Cars on 19 plate seems like a good deal ATM around 68k mark and unlikely to depreciate that much over a year or two.
Like Ali86 said a few tweeks on the outside, under the bonnet I think they have newer turbos too, which are supposed to be better at lower RPM, interior wise I think after 19 you get Android auto as well as Apple Carplay which came in on the 2019

·
Registered
155 Posts
Like Ali86 said a few tweeks on the outside, under the bonnet I think they have newer turbos too, which are supposed to be better at lower RPM, interior wise I think after 19 you get Android auto as well as Apple Carplay which came in on the 2019
yep I think that’s pretty much it. I love the blue ting on the exhaust tip specially on bayside. With the new car I’d keep it all standard including titanium exhaust.

·
Registered
232 Posts
The my20 and my21 are identical, I think? They’re supposed to have the better turbos, and they’re mounted differently...but don’t be fooled...when I had my first service at AC Speedtech I also had it remapped/injectors/sd sensor and it already had a Russ fellows y pipe...made 660hp and torque capped at 625lbs.
Andy was quite excited to work on it and see what it came out like, and he thought maybe the turbos were the ‘19 Nismo ones and could go up to 700hp...no chance, results were almost identical to a my17 4.25...not that I’m disappointed btw, far from it😎👌🏻

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I test drove both an immaculate 2015 and new 2019 and ended up going for the 2019. For me the interior alone sold it to me, I like to be behind a nice dash and although the pre 17 aren't bad they just felt too dated for me, Also I really liked the sound of the titanium exhaust with just a Milltek Ypipe, obviously it is a lot more money but if you can afford it I think you would be happy with the newer one.
That's awesome dude, the interior is definitely a lot nicer on the 17 models and the front end looks so much better on my opinion, very aggressive. I can afford the MY17 so I might consider it, how is the suspension in it? Some say it's a lot softer which some view as a bad thing but I'm kinda indifferent really.

·
Super Moderator
15,891 Posts
I think the new turbos are supposed to spool a little quicker so bottom end picks up better, they're not rated to any higher performance than any other GTR. Only the Nismo has the GT3 turbos (not sure about the TE).

·
Registered
311 Posts
Acccording to the MY20 documentation, all models were supposed to get them.

·
Super Moderator
15,891 Posts
The same as the Nismo? I don't think so they've always had different turbos on the Nismo, with a different sized compressor wheel.

·
Registered
232 Posts
John, you’re right.....but....it was only for the US market - not the UK? The US basically got the engine out of the Nismo...whereas all models in the UK(except the Nismo) just got the newly designed, more marginally efficient turbos that came mounted differently to the previous models?
As I’ve said earlier, Andy at ACS was hoping that the turbos on the my20 TE would perform once remapped like the earlier Nismo ones...alas, that was not the case, and the results were pretty much identical to other post my17 cars.

·
Super Moderator
15,891 Posts
Yes I understood that in the UK the Nismo was always different to the other versions in terms of turbos. Not sure in other markets.

·
Registered
311 Posts
The ways of Nissan Worldwide are wondrous to behold... for MY21...
US = Base models + Nismo (no TE)
Canada = Base models + Track Edition (no Nismo)

·
Registered
31 Posts
That's awesome dude, the interior is definitely a lot nicer on the 17 models and the front end looks so much better on my opinion, very aggressive. I can afford the MY17 so I might consider it, how is the suspension in it? Some say it's a lot softer which some view as a bad thing but I'm kinda indifferent really.
The MY17 is definitely softer than the earlier model I drove, the only handling comparison I can really give is a rather fast roundabout followed U bent I took both models on and driving quickly the old model was better planted with noticeable less body roll. However while pushing it, I have never had any terrible situations in R mode in my 2019 (granted I'm not the best driver in the world so sombody with more skills might expose it a bit more) in comfort mode its actually a decent ride, even on the pot hole filled B roads of Devon!

·
Registered
28 Posts
You get Carplay but no Android Auto, unfortunately.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts