GTR Forum banner

which MY17 would you choose if buying one?

• Total voters
41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
Interior is much better, just don't like the colour, the whole package looks like a compromise between a sport car interior and an Aston spare leather collection. Stick with recaro it's much more in keeping with the look and heritage of the GTR.

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
Another option required for the poll please. None.
The more I look at the new interior, the more I prefer the original.
The new interior doesn't say "GT-R" like the CBA/DBA does.
It says I'd like to be a fancy pants Germanic competitor. It ain't.
Is anyone else getting the "nail on the head the first time" vibe?
Like the CBA wheels? Much better than the DBA changed for no good reason.
:nervous::shy:

·
Premium Member
7,631 Posts
The DBA exterior changes I just didn't like at first. Took a long time for me to get it and once I'd did they made the CBA seem dated. This new version got me straight away. Haven't seen it in the flesh though

·
Registered
132 Posts
Just picked up my Prestige. Well my detailers did.

No mats?!?

Is the Prestige leather meant to be "loose" on the seat bolsters? Like almost badly fitting?!

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
Can't say for sure, but years ago Toyota used to send all the Celica GT4's out with cloth seats, and if you ordered leather the dealership would fit a leather kit. Needless to say, it wasn't good.

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Just picked up my Prestige. Well my detailers did.

No mats?!?

Is the Prestige leather meant to be "loose" on the seat bolsters? Like almost badly fitting?!
For some reason mats seem to be an extra, most dealers will throw them in if you ask.

I noticed the saggy Prestige leather bolsters too, it's obviously meant to be like that but not a good look.

·
Registered
132 Posts
For some reason mats seem to be an extra, most dealers will throw them in if you ask.

I noticed the saggy Prestige leather bolsters too, it's obviously meant to be like that but not a good look.
I started wading through any Prestige pics I could find and noticed it was like that. Not a stunning look it has to be said! The rest of the seat is good bar the bolsters.

I've emailed my dealer re; Mats! thanks @Trevgtr :)

·
Registered
97 Posts
Saw a Prestige today and I would not be impressed if it was my car. The seat bolsters are well saggy and look like they will wear easily if the leather is not maintained. Looks better in the flesh than in any pics I've seen.

Stupidly did not take any photos

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
had a chance to compare both cars side by side last week at the track. my, CBA MY10 and a brand new MY17 in burnt orange...

just my opinion, and those around me at the time..
I have to say.. my interior is better in almost every way. yes the leather top dash looks ok and so does the bit of carbon... BUT.......,

it looked like a 1990`s Bmw interior to me.. not sure what spec he had, but it was all black inside
nicest thing about it was the carbon around the shifter.

everyone else agreed, my interior, the design layout, etc is better and nicer.
albeit I have the carbon effect stereo surround and carbon gearlever surround, and alloy stereo controls.. that lift it nicely...

and the most practical little thing ever... the electric seat remote control for the passenger seat, on the drivers side.. brilliant for storing shit behind the seat, out of view

lets hope the new R36 gets a bit more radical in design...

on another note...
designers these days seem to think its ok to make everything as bland as possible.
LR (new Range Rover) is awful compared to the last one.
I remember looking at the last model when it first came out and said "wow"... and so bought one. the interior was epic.

sfew years later..
same story regarding the last model Q7.
I saw it in the showroom thought "wow" again, such great presence and immediately bought one..

the new models... pah. walked into LR showroom, struggled to make out which was the RR, looked at it, and thought, OMG how bland and boring is that. no statement or presence whatsoever and the interior, shocking - it looks like a Skodas.. its so bland its pathetic. that screen and control gear were defo made in the same factory as Skoda. has to be...

then went to Audi,..to look at the new Q7, holy f*** is it the boring designer that did the RR.?
talk about boring and lacking any design flare or drama at all..
so I walked out of there as well..
even the new Volvos look infinitely better than these two at the moment.

I wonder what the new model sales figures are like compared to the old models.
no way I see as many of them on the road. the new Q7 is a rare sight.. if you can distinguish it from a Q5 that is.. LOL..

41 - 60 of 63 Posts