GTR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone modded their seats for a but more comfort / space & body hugging??

Had a blast in a Prestige yesterday was not that impressed with he seats. I also had a seat in a Recaro which was much the same. Albeit they are better than the 09 I used to own, but for a £80k+ car they are pretty poor.

They are still very much aimed at the slimmer framed person. Wife thought they were comfy where as I did not. A 6 foot 16.5 stone guy should still be able to sit in and be comfy?

they still seem like you sit on them instead of in them. Might just be a case of ripping off the trim and modding the side bolster metal work then refitting

·
Registered
114 Posts
Perhaps 13 stone is the sweet spot as that's what I weigh and I'm 6 feet too (well 5-11 but what's an inch here or there ;s )

·
Premium Member
1,566 Posts
A 6 foot 16.5 stone guy should still be able to sit in and be comfy?
Is there such a thing as a Jap car seat that does fit us normal sized Europeans paulmc?

they still seem like you sit on them instead of in them. Might just be a case of ripping off the trim and modding the side bolster metal work then refitting
Agreed. I've got a pair of BMW M3 leccy front seats (which have good bolster support that you actually sit in and not on!) that I'd like and have altered on the top to the style of the OEM Skyline GT-R items and re-trimmed to match the stock Nissan interior too.

So far I've not had much luck in finding a skilled Tradesman/Company willing to take on this project. Mention cutting up and altering existing Factory seats and everyone I've contacted just doesn't want to know....:(

Good luck in your search paulmc!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts