GTR Forum banner

21 - 40 of 62 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Same as mine but mines a 2020.

can鈥檛 say I鈥檝e driven it at all really probably 150 miles in 3months,

get the car covered via a trailer if you that fussy & get additional security on it before it goes anywhere if I was you
Yeh that was my concern but dealership is willing to deliver in an enclosed trailer anywhere I鈥檇 like to so just trying to book a detailer so it goes straight to them.

By the way my car has about 22 miles on the clock which is delivery mileage, I felt it鈥檚 slightly high but am sure it gets driven a bit between destinations from Japan?

Registered
A lot of your replies pre you even pre buying makes you sound like you really are very panic driven & your concerns & comments on my thread about mine.

22 miles, 30 miles etc, it鈥檚 not going to arrive with 0

Get some miles on. It, do the 1st service & drive it

plus change the oem tyres would be my advice before it goes anywhere

Registered
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
A lot of your replies pre you even pre buying makes you sound like you really are very panic driven & your concerns & comments on my thread about mine.

22 miles, 30 miles etc, it鈥檚 not going to arrive with 0

Get some miles on. It, do the 1st service & drive it

plus change the oem tyres would be my advice before it goes anywhere
Ye You are right matty, I am a worrier. I think it鈥檚 all down to of never driven a GTr before so want to make sure I get an expert advise from you guys.

Also, why does it need service and replacement tyres before the car is driven? Thanks in advance bud

Registered
Yeh that was my concern but dealership is willing to deliver in an enclosed trailer anywhere I鈥檇 like to so just trying to book a detailer so it goes straight to them.

By the way my car has about 22 miles on the clock which is delivery mileage, I felt it鈥檚 slightly high but am sure it gets driven a bit between destinations from Japan?
22 miles is not unusual. From what I recall they test drive the car in Japan and it will be driven on and off the ship, transporter etc..

Premium Member
If you watch the Nissan GT-R Megafactories video you'll see what test drive they do......its pretty "speedy" and car gets a work out!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Ok will appreciate if someone can clarify on OEM tyres, are they that bad? Can I not drive on them at all?

Vendor
There鈥檚 no reason why you can鈥檛 drive on them and when there done with change to your own preference.

Premium Member
It's a personal preference thing. If you want runflat tyres then Dunlop and Bridgestone are the go to tyres. Some say they give a harsh ride and wear out fast. They do. They also make the car nice and "darty". Dunlops expensive compared to Michelin tyres etc and many change based on price, ride comfort and wet weather grip. Lots of people go for MPS4's and like them. I didn't. Found the ultimate dry grip was inferior, they "bounce" at higher speeds and for me didn't cut it or meet the hype. Better in the wet than runflat but I don't think they actually grip all that well overall. Moved to Cup2s - more like the runflats, excellent dry drip and inspire confidence......except in the wet when they are pretty poor. Its tyres, depends on what you want/ value/need.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
It's a personal preference thing. If you want runflat tyres then Dunlop and Bridgestone are the go to tyres. Some say they give a harsh ride and wear out fast. They do. They also make the car nice and "darty". Dunlops expensive compared to Michelin tyres etc and many change based on price, ride comfort and wet weather grip. Lots of people go for MPS4's and like them. I didn't. Found the ultimate dry grip was inferior, they "bounce" at higher speeds and for me didn't cut it or meet the hype. Better in the wet than runflat but I don't think they actually grip all that well overall. Moved to Cup2s - more like the runflats, excellent dry drip and inspire confidence......except in the wet when they are pretty poor. Its tyres, depends on what you want/ value/need.
But I am still ok to drive with the OEM tyres (Dunlop) ?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
There鈥檚 no reason why you can鈥檛 drive on them and when there done with change to your own preference.
That鈥檚 great will only be able to tell when I drive the car and if it鈥檚 suitable for me or not

Premium Member
They are not by any stretch of the imagination bad tyres, there are just better tyres available depending on preferences.

Premium Member
OEM tyres are fine. But you might like other tyres better. I think Matty was basically saying relax, enjoy the car, get used to it, put some miles on it. I agree, enjoy it.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
OEM tyres are fine. But you might like other tyres better. I think Matty was basically saying relax, enjoy the car, get used to it, put some miles on it. I agree, enjoy it.
Will do 馃憤馃徏 And all the advice taken on board

Registered
I've had Dunlop's on most of my cars. My current car has older Cup 2's which were on when I bought it and I really hate the bouncy castle tendancies. They do seem to last well though.

21 - 40 of 62 Posts