GTR Forum banner

41 - 60 of 62 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
OEM tyres are fine. But you might like other tyres better. I think Matty was basically saying relax, enjoy the car, get used to it, put some miles on it. I agree, enjoy it.
It might come as a surprise but I purchased the car outright without test drive and purely based on reviews and forums. So hope you guys appreciate where am coming from and probably the reason of mix feelings and excitement.

Registered
i purchased mine, unseen , but i think what im trying to say is dont stress , enjoy it. i bought all my gtrs without any test drives, tbh i dont bother with them on any cars i bought.

its the same as i would say most of the other GTRs ive driven on the how does it drive front. Bayside gets a few compliments.

is it up there with modern machines, i guess, is it still nissan quality in some stuff yeah

i paid 拢76k with 1400 miles on it, so i guess my deal was ok.

i did put a new set of MPS4s right on the car, i dont like the way the dunlops drive.

Registered
1,000 mile dealer visit is to check car over and do the "optimisation" of the transmission to suit your driving style.
Not sure who your Nissan dealer is but if you havent got one already you need to find one with a good GT-R technician - there are a few about...
I've always run mine on the runflats, including track days. It'll come fitted with Dunlops and I used to change to Bridgestones at first change. Then they changed the Dunlop spec in 2014 and I really like them now and have had 3 sets on the current car.
Take it easy and enjoy the experience...

Registered
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
1,000 mile dealer visit is to check car over and do the "optimisation" of the transmission to suit your driving style.
Not sure who your Nissan dealer is but if you havent got one already you need to find one with a good GT-R technician - there are a few about...
I've always run mine on the runflats, including track days. It'll come fitted with Dunlops and I used to change to Bridgestones at first change. Then they changed the Dunlop spec in 2014 and I really like them now and have had 3 sets on the current car.
Take it easy and enjoy the experience...
Great piece of info buddy, will take it all easy enjoy the beast 馃榿馃憤 cheers

Vendor
Hey Congratulations on your new car mate. Best colour!!! I have the 2021 Track Edition NISMO.

Reactions: Javsi2020

Registered
Javsi whereabouts are you based? I got mine from Nottingham, and then had it trailered to Central Detailing in Manchester? Had ppf on the front/mirrors etc, and then had the whole car ceramic pro鈥檇? Give them a ring and speak to Mij...tell him James recommended them馃槑
As for tyres, it鈥檚 about what you want/like/need? I need runflats so am more than happy with the Dunlop鈥檚...however, you do need to be more cautious in heavy rain as they ain鈥檛 great tbh馃檲
As for servicing, I had it optimised at 1300miles and then for first service straight to AC Speedtech in Warrington?
Whatever you choose, enjoy...it鈥檚 all about the smiles per miles馃憤馃徎

Registered
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Javsi whereabouts are you based? I got mine from Nottingham, and then had it trailered to Central Detailing in Manchester? Had ppf on the front/mirrors etc, and then had the whole car ceramic pro鈥檇? Give them a ring and speak to Mij...tell him James recommended them馃槑
As for tyres, it鈥檚 about what you want/like/need? I need runflats so am more than happy with the Dunlop鈥檚...however, you do need to be more cautious in heavy rain as they ain鈥檛 great tbh馃檲
As for servicing, I had it optimised at 1300miles and then for first service straight to AC Speedtech in Warrington?
Whatever you choose, enjoy...it鈥檚 all about the smiles per miles馃憤馃徎
Hey man, am in Lancashire and was trying to arrange the work to be done by Carttitude in Manchester? but proving to be a bit difficult in terms of communication from their end. I need front end ppf and ceramic coat. Now, there is PW pro in Mansfield but the problem is then I have to drive 120 odd miles back home unless I hire a transport. I will try contacting central detailing and see how it goes. Dealership is willing to deliver the car anywhere I want, was your in an enclosed trailer??

Registered
A quick extra comment on the Dunlops. They can take a while to warm up - depending on outside temp but I always allow 15 minutes to get full grip.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
A quick extra comment on the Dunlops. They can take a while to warm up - depending on outside temp but I always allow 15 minutes to get full grip.
I am sure a lot of people are not aware of that and end up changing tyres thinking they are bad but this is brilliant. Thanks 馃檹

Registered
Hey man, am in Lancashire and was trying to arrange the work to be done by Carttitude in Manchester? but proving to be a bit difficult in terms of communication from their end. I need front end ppf and ceramic coat. Now, there is PW pro in Mansfield but the problem is then I have to drive 120 odd miles back home unless I hire a transport. I will try contacting central detailing and see how it goes. Dealership is willing to deliver the car anywhere I want, was your in an enclosed trailer??
I actually arranged for Central to have it collected in an enclosed trailer from the dealer? They took it for undersealing work that I wanted, before it went to them for all paint correction/protection. Good luck and enjoy馃槑

Registered
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
I actually arranged for Central to have it collected in an enclosed trailer from the dealer? They took it for undersealing work that I wanted, before it went to them for all paint correction/protection. Good luck and enjoy馃槑
That鈥檚 great, do you recall how much they charged You roughly for collection? because if I happened to get it done in Mansfield, it鈥檚 same distance.

Vendor
we do paint protection sppf and floor sealing guys. plus we have a covered race trailer

Registered
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
Latest update guys, the car went from dealership straight to the detailer last week and finally got my hands on it and my first drive last night. Absolutely brilliant. 馃ぉ

Paint correction, front end, side skirt and interior PPf, full ceramic coat.

here some pitcutures 馃槍

41 - 60 of 62 Posts