GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not my favorite reading material (free subscription for winning drift comp) but myself (driving), Dirky and "The" Bad Mutha GTS are in Max Power this month. I've scanned the article and posted it here.....It's a 280KB JPEG

James

·
Premium Member
7,804 Posts
The pictures in the article are cool but the narrative is Sh1te. Looks like it will appeal to Max P*wer readers then:D

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Max Power caters for the lowest common denominator - ricers. Nice pics but as you say the narrative is the usual MP trash.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quite right

If it was me writing it I would have said something like "the garrett turbo sucks like a whore on speed" :D

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
YEP

NOT VERY PLEASED WITH THE WRITE UP:mad:

STILL I DIDNT ASK FOR THE FEATURE TO BE DONE, ALL THIER DOING, CAR LOOKS GOOD THO SO THATS SOMETHING:)

THE CAR HAS A NEW HOME NOW, JUST TRANSPORTED IT TO THE NEW OWNER THIS AFTERNOON, ITS BEING SVA'D AND REGISTERED OVER THE NEXT MONTH OR SO SO IT WILL BE A REGULAR TO EVENTS ETC IN THE FUTURE SO EVERYONE SHOULD GET A GOOD CHANCE TO SEE IT OUT AND ABOUT INSTEAD OF US JUST SOTRING IT UP FOR AN OCCASIONAL THRASH:)

·
Registered
605 Posts
davewilkins said:
The pictures in the article are cool but the narrative is Sh1te. Looks like it will appeal to Max P*wer readers then:D
My bike got featured in Streetfighters magazine 2 years ago and they are the same, good pictures but the write up was a load of bollocks.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Which bike?

I used to buy Streetfighters. I now only read "Fast Bikes". I think the boyz from FB are still on top of the game! I got my Ducati in one of the magazines too. After I sold it though! Doh! :(

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dirk

I know what you mean!

But at the end of the day...it's free advertising! That's they way you've got to look at it. Only about 50% of your customers will be people like on this forum....the rest will be dicks who actually treat Max Flower as the bible. I get the same sort of things at work. I sell proper dealer tool type equipment for BMW's and MB's, but I get about 10 calls a day from people asking about "mileage correction" software and "do you do a chip for me 318i geezer?"

Shame really! I like BMW's but they're too boy racer now! If I had the wonga I would have a E46 M3 though! I love those cars!

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
That is one seriousass badmofo GTS ... nicely held drift there James :D

What a fantastic piece of kit :D I wish I had the cash to have bought it :( Few years time maybe :rolleyes:

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Tell me about it Dan0h

If I had sold my R32 that car was mine. Unfortunately lots of people came to look, said they wanted it, but never bought it. When Andy called me to say he'd sold it I was gutted! Doh!

·
Registered
241 Posts
I tell you I would of bought it had Insurance not been a prob !!!

Mind you if things go well Ill have it ! - I need another project !

·
Registered
605 Posts
Re: Which bike?

Driftaholic said:
I used to buy Streetfighters. I now only read "Fast Bikes". I think the boyz from FB are still on top of the game! I got my Ducati in one of the magazines too. After I sold it though! Doh! :(
My bike was in issue 83 page 33. I've made up a kit and fitted a Garrett T25 turbo to it now.:D

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
But at the end of the day...it's free advertising!
I agree... But at the end of the day is it those type of ppl who he wants to be advertising to? Loads of the ppl who i know read (Well look at the pics) in maxpower are nutters on the road... I would rather they mashed up thier nova's, astras and the like (Driving like nutters, doing donuts in supermarket car parks and generally being arses) rather than extremely high powered super cars and giving them a bad name... Would be extremely bad press for any jap performance car driver(and put insurance Waaaaaaay up) if some puffy jacked gimp got his dad to buy and insure him on a R32/33/34 GTR, Supra, RX7, Integra Type R and a week later he mashed it into a school bus of kids at 150+mph... With a 200 Shot of NOS... Cause he had seen someone with it in the mag...

Just my thought... ;)

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Journo?

Who me? Well maybe. Just have to wait for an opening at Max Power ;)

·
Registered
811 Posts
I think its funny that every Skyline featured in max power has a 'GT-R' badge on the back.... and erm, they are all GT-S's... hmmmmmmmm

Trev

·
Registered
811 Posts
It wasn't a dig at you or others showing their cars in maxy...

It would just be interesting to see how many of the readership could actually tell the difference between a max'ed up GTS and a real GTR... :) or even know what the differences are.

Whats interesting is that a uk spec R34 GT-R can be cheaper to insure than a maxed up imported R32 GTST ! Is this a case of insurers just taking the piss and cashing in on imports and car modifiers ?

Trev

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
I read in M*x P*wer that an R34GTR in 'Fair' condition can be had for £18000 :confused:

I guess I'll take two then!

Or maybe fair = no engine and bent panels :mad:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.