GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
11,494 Posts
I think the GT block has forged pistons, forged con-rods, fully balanced crankshaft and volume balanced combustion chambers. Also a 2.8 (2771cc) I think. As used in Z-tune and GTR race cars.

·
Registered
8,548 Posts
Just out of curiosity, does anyone know where, or indeed if, you can get new N1 nad GT blocks and rough ball park figures?? No wild guesses please :thumbsup:

TT

·
Registered
61 Posts
DCD said:
Yeah....if you can't build & tune an engine!;)
Yes well...They don't seem to last very well over about 600-650HP. They always crack on the exhaust side above the boss for the turbo oil feed.

Of course with castings, you can be lucky and unlucky, but Nissan also did a recall I believe due to poor quality castings.

Even the POS RB30 blocks seem to be a bit stronger (not that I would use one).

Also, I remember reading somewhere that before the 24U blocks, NISMO couldn't reliably get more than 450PS from an 05U block for endurance use.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
11000-RRR45 is/was the articlenumber for the GT block. The bore was 86mm.

Shin wrote this a long time ago:

--------------------------------------------

Hi,

Just for your information.
When Nismo tested N1 block and std block for endurance test on Nismo engine bench, the result was as follows.

Std block: 9 of 10 blocks are cracked.
N1 block: 0 of 10 block are cracked.

This test has been done with 500ps for 1 hour on Nismo engine bench.

Yours,
Shin

------------------------------------------------

/P

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am from OZ. the tuners here dont seem to have too much trouble getting the N1 block. I have not heard of many gt blocks here though. As for the strngth of the stock item, it is realy a case by case situation. we have some cars running 9sec on street tyres with stock blocks. Some have not even had the full prep job and than you do see seme that come to bits at the first sign of boost. But in general i have not seen to many fail below about 650ps at the wheels. If you have the money to go higher, you should have the money for a better block anyways.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts