I am now out of stock of them
I have just orderd some more they will take 5 weeks to arrive
The cost is £1579.37 plus vat
They are high density special
Ian are you calling me a doctor:D
Gary
GT-ART
REIMAX \ PROSPEC:D
ps also if required they can be bored\honed and supplied with new pistons sizes are std , 86.5, 87, 87.5 , 88 , 89 mm
choise of piston REIMAX,HKS,TOMIE,MMR,MINES.C\R MUST BE SPECIFIED.

·
Registered
4 Posts
N1 ENGINES

BOYS,
Am I right in saying a N1 engine only differs from a std RB26DETT in the following ways:

1, block (N1 this is the same as a early R32 BLOCK?)
2, Piston material , narrower top rings
3, top ring material
4, main and big end bearing material
5, Inlet and exhaust cam same as STD RB26DETT except
Exhaust Cam timed at a different spec with a new cam
pulley.
6, Turbocharger exhaust housing a larger size.(.64 inplace of a
.48)

every thing else is the same?

tuners am I right?

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
N1

There are also a few other differences as well and you definetly need an N1 block for serious mods.

Gary
GT-ART

·
Registered
272 Posts
there is also a deleted coolant gallery in the N1 blocks , between 3 and 4 cylinders. I also thought that N1 blocks were high Nickel content and there was extra ribbing at the rear of the block.

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Watcha gary

What would you say are the serious mods that would require me getting/needing the N1 block.

Is it a certain bhp/compression ratio/boost level, etc. that I would have to watch out for. Only say this, as I am going for 600+ in the near future and to save over spending if there is some sort of gauge whereby perhaps the standard block would take say 500-550 I could aim for this figure and this would save me wasting money.

Cheers.

glen

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
info

Glen,
why all the :confused: ness,
the questions you asked really have answerd themselves.

Go with an N1 block then there are not as many worries,
Gary
GT-ART
Bottom end built:D

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Sad, who me

Not sad Gary just was getting a bit concerned I weren't gonna get a reply after 5 days. Silly me.

But seriously though is there a 'rough' point where you do and don't need an N1 block. This is probably as important to other members as it is to me due to the costs involved.

It's OK saying have one, and my questions have answered themselves, but they haven't :confused: .

Do Paul34 and JamieM, etc. need them as they are around 500-525bhp each? I take it they don't as they haven't been sold them and have both got enough money to pay for them??? But am I right in thinking that yourself, Rupert and Ronnie have them because you's are over 650bhp? Don't know about Henry or Ged ? So where roughly (I understand it is impossible to pinpoint it) is the scale I would/would not need an N1 block.

Or is it down to longevity, which I thought would be a comprise between your internals and how you treat the car?

Still confused :) .

glen

·
Registered
997 Posts
N1

Glen,
I`ve got one mate but don`t ask me why because I don`t know the technical ins & outs that only a Tuner would know.

I am sure they are better by virtue that they are cast to take more oomph & woosh;)

BTW.My turbo`s are simply superb and work so well with my engine.Anyone going for anything different should think again,the exhaust side of my turbo`s are 50% larger than the 25/30,no shuffle and are £100`s cheaper. "Greddy T517Z`s."

Henry.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Affordabilitie

Glen .

Hm , you are correct in your assumption of me being able to afford an N1 block..............It's the bloody labour that's the problem.............:D.

Henry.

HOW GOOD ARE THE GREEDY PUMPS AGAIN PLEASE ? :D :p

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Glen

I can't reply any faster on this thread as I am regulated in case I try to sell the shop so to speak so I dont post on it much now,
The thing to remenber is if you are upping the power to a level above the norm so to speak it is best to be safe. The use of an N1 block does not garantee any more reliability but as I belive they are selected, the tolerences are a better starting point and allow for a more precise build so you can make your own mind up from that.

I do not have a N1 block as I was fortunate to go one step further.
I have a NISMO SPORT block and have sex with it every day, this sorts out my frustration of not driving my car at the moment:D
Also Glen do you think Henry is rather happy with his new toys, I do and am glad.
Now thats what you want to think about on your conversion, how the power obtained will make you feel every time you drive the car and thats worth more than any amount of BHP\TORQUE,

On another note, I have some new turbos for sale 8 pairs to be precise,these are REIMAX le Mans spec turbos they are simular in construction with HKS 25\30s but they differ in they have a larger compressor wheel and a different sized exhaust wheel, they sport roller bearings, they will not require overhaul ever in normal use
the exhaust housing is a one off casting in high nickel content cast
and has a special modification for the wastegate bypass gasses, the turbine wheel has a specially designed cut on the back of the wheel to aid high rpm exhaust flow and they come complete with nismo actuators, they will also run 1.6 bar all day long not bad for £2450 plus VAT ! they are worth much more really as they are truly race bread units, also they repond the same no matter what boost setting they are on which I find unusual,
Gary
GT-ART

·
Registered
15 Posts
From what I have been told, anything over 550HP a normal GTR engine will not last for a long period of time with WOT. More like a drag car for short stints.. when a N1 block can be for endurance as it can take the extra stress.

Nismo Sports block.. That sounds like alot! of fun :cool:

On that note, I have still seen the N1 block blows apart the same as a normal block when abused :(

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Gary,

So how does a Nismo Sport block differ from a standard one?

Do the Reimax turbos have much more lag than 25/30s?

Phil

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Cheers for that

I'm still unsure but hey that's life I suppose.

Yeah Henry's a 'happy bunny'.

Paul talking of 'labour' how's the missus.

Yeah and my posts take ages to go up here as well :D ;) .

See Ya.

glen

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Philip...

I don't know about 25/30s but my Reimax jobbies have no lag at all, I'm spinning up incredibly fast at low revs. They are still being experimented with and the car at the moment is only running 1 bar!!!

:D

..IS

1 - 20 of 21 Posts