GTR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me how you tell N1 headlights apart from the standard projector ones on the R32GTR. Is there any difference in their relative performance?:)

·
Registered
477 Posts
I tried both and they are all pony

·
Registered
324 Posts
I'll do some tomorrow night if no one else manages to get any. Like i said they are with the HID conversion though. Suppose it gives an idea of what they are like when converted.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
My HID set up with Nismo lamps work very well (and look good too) its the full Dip and main beam set up.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
I think it would be good to have some night shots with all these cars all put together to see the difference, infront and behind.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Interesting info, i take it the N1's were fitted to ealier car's , mine's an early '89 GTR and came with the N1's, Picked up a set of projectors and am cosidering swapping over also have a set of high wattage bulb's has anyone tried these with either type of headlight, any more pic's info would be good:clap:

·
Premium Member
3,816 Posts
No N1's were fitted to the N1 model and also to the Group A cars.

I find N1's are fine with PIAA bulbs and plenty of carrots in your diet.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
From what I know, N1 use H4 bulb (Proper Hi/Low Headlight Bulb)

And the projector use H3 bulb (Fog light bulb)

So I would "assume" he N1 headlight be alot better in term of lighting up the road. If anyone seen anything else, please say so.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
hmm i have both in myworkshop I may put them both up to one of them there MOT measured devices to see what the results are like.

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
GTR Jon said:
My N1's have a HID conversion and i have no complaints at all!
me too, seem fine to me, but it could just very well be the HID kit. I hate how other buggers blind me with their HIDs, but they really do make for a better light - once I've had them, I can't go back...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts