GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
Oh, the Nismo pump is (IIRC) the same flow rate as the N1 but is made of harder materials. I think the main gear is billet rather than sintered steel? Something like that anyway. :)

Oh, and it costs about 3x as much! :eek:

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
I got mine from Conceptua on eBay, had a fair few bits from then now and always been good stuff. It wasn't outrageously priced either, arrived this morning along with an oil filter, spark plugs and some Osram daybreaker bulbs to replace my HID kit. (Different company for the bulbs). :D

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
Haha no not yet, I want to get the Nismo plenum and R1 turbos first :) Collected a new water pump, pulleys, Nismo cam belt, etc. for when it does come out! Going in for new strut tops etc in January. Engine pull, etc. will have to wait for more funds (and parts) as I'd like to do it all in one hit while the engine is out.

Didn't get any sweets, I'll have to complain! Lol :chuckle:

·
Premium Member
2,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Didn't get any sweets, I'll have to complain! Lol :chuckle:
I would! You usually get sweets! I had a look on eBay. Conceptua have sold out but others do them for about the same money.
So I***8217;m interested... R1 turbos, so are you going pistons and rods? And what are you looking to get?
(Power/torque/response?)

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
Good question! :) I know everyone is going big single or the latest twin scroll twins, etc.

But...

...and bear with me on this... :popcorn:

I'd like my car to look essentially OEM or like it was something Omori might have built; a homage to the 400R, S-Tune or the newer CRS & GT Spec cars, but update some of the older parts with as many newer Nismo or Nissan bits as I can (without a brand new shell! Haha) while keeping it "OEM+". The R1 turbos are older tech, but they're a bolt on solution and come with all the new parts you need: Oil and water lines, gaskets, etc. They spool 400rpm quicker than stock, and combined with the Nismo plenum give a nice boost to response, while being good for 550ps.

I'd love to go 2.8L eventually, but that's a big chunk of cash just in parts! Nismo crank alone is £2k! :eek: So yes, ultimate goal is for response really, there is no point in chasing big numbers for a road car, she's currently 360bhp ATW, so 500 crank would be lovely.

I've ordered some Tomei Type A cams too as I want low down response rather than mid to top end. Full Nismo body kit is on the list, but there is more restoration parts to order first before they're discontinued and gone forever - despite Nissan's heritage parts program! I'm not just a Nismo maniac, I do have KTS, HPI, Tomei and Platinum Racing Products parts too, what ever I can get to modernise the GTR. :D

Handling is also something on my radar, Nismo strengthening bars, Do-luck chassis rails & internal bracing, Yamaha performance chassis dampers... I've got Meisters but those Ohlins shocks look sooo gooood! Aki has a lot to answer for on my wants and wishes for my car. The BNR34 blog is a great inspring read too

Anyway! Short answer: I'd like a 2.8, and response over power! Lol :thumbsup:

·
Registered
9,677 Posts
Hi
What are the physical differences between a standard RB26 oil pump and a standard one?
I***8217;ve had a google but not found much.
Differences as follows Jim. Both N1 and OEM flow 47 litres per min @6000 rpm. N1 has higher pressure. All new OEM pumps are 77mm. Original ones were 81mm (outer gear) N1 uses wave tooth profile whereas the OEM uses symmetrical tooth. N1 has 11 teeth on inner gear vs 12 on the OEM. Spline kits below:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts