GTR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So whats the deal with the R34 N1 rear brake setup

From what i've researched, it has larger 322mm discs rather than the stock 300mm discs.

And this setup was standard from V-Spec II onwards.

My main questions are
1. I have seen people stating R34 "N1 Calipers". Are the calipers different? Because from what i can see they don't look different. It is still single piston?..
2. Due to the larger disc, is it that the caliper is different on the inside? If this is the case can you use an offset bracket to utilise the larger N1 disc?
3. I have heard that the same caliper and disc is used on the 350Z....is this true?

Thanks for all your help in advance

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No one knows anything about this??..

Ok, does anyone know whether you are able to retrofit the N1 setup to a early R34? And if so do you need just the discs, OR calipers aswell.

Will you need to devise your own offset bracket? Or will the larger disc fit with no mods?

·
Banned
336 Posts
Im sure its similar to the Z coupe, as they also use that size rear disk. I would say the calipers have the offset adjusted on it to accomodate the bigger disk rather than the hub.

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply.

Thats what i thought, but wanted to confirm with someone who has first hand experience...

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Replied...!! Thanks

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Don't worry i've got to the bottom of this.

Thanks for the info Stuart

3,665 Posts
Z33 calipers mounts are different , so although the discs are bigger they wont fit on a GTR. I am sure the stuff will be available from Japan but wont be very cheap.

Stoptechs maybe just as cheap , will check once I am back at work.

BTW rear calipers on a GTR are 2 Pot

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the reply Mark

I guess the N1's used a different hub to accomodate the larger discs and calipers....

Prices on the Stoptech would be much appreciated....Upgarded discs all round (if applicable) or the big brake kit (2 and 4 wheel). PM me if you wish. Thanks

3,665 Posts
same rear hub , N1 calipers have longer mounting lugs to accomodate the bigger Dia disc,s.

What your emaill addy I send you a mail after xmas

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh right so the calipers "are" different aswell.

You have PM

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Hi Virdee,

I don't think you'll see any value in just upgrading the rears to the vspecII type.
I had it on mine but in conjunction with an F50 front kit.

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No I was going to do this if it was just a matter of new larger discs and some offset brackets.

But it seems to be too much hassle for the gains involved.

So will go back to the drawing board for a full kit...

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Will these fit the GTR if you have the discs AND calipers from a 350Z?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts