GTR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Im looking at getting my r33 gtr remapped but before I do for peice of mind im looking at the N1 steel internals upgrade. Where is the best place to buy these from and is the kit difficult to fit or is there a better upgrade for not silly money as seen second hand turbos for £1300

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
turbo choice depends on what you are aiming for. n1s are almost similar to r34s and -7s which are responsive on mid range. FRRACER is selling his -5s at the moment which is bigger than the two tubs mentioned. if you have forged engine then -5s is better i think.

im running -7s which i am quite happy at the moment as im using it only for fast road.

here is the guide for turbo removal. you need a lot of plasters and swearing if this is your first time =)

Skyline Owners Forum

if you get stucked... this thread really helps! =)

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/157088-gtr-twin-turbo-removal/

·
Registered
268 Posts
R34 turbos as well as -7s are ball bearing and spool faster. R33 stock are thrust bearing and a/r 42, while r34s are a/r 53. R34s come on boost around 2800 rpms which is unbelievable for R33s. GT-SSs are widely considered a great upgrade as they come on boost 500 rpms earlier than -5s and can make 550 hp. Also they can be found at $1200-1300 range used.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts