GTR Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i would like to change to a single turbo, the n1's are smooth progressive power but i prefer the idea of having a turbo kick in the upper rev band.

so id like to get an idea of what offers and interest i can get on:

N1 turbos x2 , 360degree thrust bearings.
very low milage since rebuild with 360degree bearings. £offers

trust huge drag intercooler. 2 inlet holes - one outlet hole. 115mm thick - has had a knock which has indented a couple of rows - can forward a pic if you pm me your email address. Dan at abby told me these are hard to get hold of now and will support huge BHP £offers

r33gtr wheels x4 £offers with and without tyres.

two bridgestone potensa tyres, low tread around -/+ 2mm but will sell cheaply. not repaired. good make of tyre. 245/45/zr17

any more info needed please PM. Pics needed please PM.

i am not looking for silly money, but would like to get a reasonable idea as to how much i can raise towards the single turbo, as the turbo i want is for sale at the moment.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
also, genuine HKS super dragger exhaust for 32gtr, approx 4inch thick tubing, with huge exit backbox. £offers

also, trust downpipes 2-1 for 32gtr £best offer

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
helps spooling up the turbos, would be best to ask somebody more technically minded for details of how it works.....

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
What sort of price are you after as a guide?
What power can they make and what about max boost?

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hi ss, got your pm thx- and quite a few others regarding pics, will try and take some pics today so everyone who messaged me should have received a pm by tomorrow afternoon.

·
Registered
378 Posts
What is the benefit of changing the bearings in the turbo's please?

a normal turbo has a bearing in it that only covers approx 270 degrees of the shaft, because of this it is easier to install, however, some say that it can wobble in the 90 degrees that aren't covered and cause failure. A 360 degree bearing, covers the entire radius of the turbo shaft so is basically safer when spooling, but I think the assembling of the turbo has to be done differently when built.

Basically, a 360 is safer. I think.:thumbsup:

Andy

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
what kind of power are you looking at with the n1 turbos and would they fit on 34

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
from reading the forum for info you can expect up to 600bhp , on around 1.4bar.(cams will help achive max power). they are great for a near stock spooling response, but a near 200bhp extra than standard turbos.

i have seen a video of the group A touring cars which ran 1.7bar for the last race and made 650ps. although its advised due to extra heat to run 1.45bar max.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
as for r34 fitment i think thats ok, someone on the forum or a tuner could confirm it for you....

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i cant really get any decent pics of the turbos ian, they are on the car at the mo, and being low mount the boost pipes cover them, sorry about that. they are genuine n1 turbos though, a google or ebay search should provide pics.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts