GTR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, have done a search n only came up with ppl trying to source the vents...

Wondering if n e 1 had measurements etc for the correct fitment of the vents in the front bumper of a 32 gtr...

obviously dont wanna go cutting up my bumper n do it wrong!

Cheers :)

·
Registered
8,553 Posts
Hi mate. I did this a couple of months ago...
Basically I looked at loads of gallery pics of 32's with N1's and took it from there. You'll need a jigsaw (coarse cutting)and some files (for fine cutting). I cut the sides of a corn flake packet and cut them to make a template for my vents (I.E packet=bumper) as I had none to work from. You'll need to take the bumper off and cut the metal bumper support. Guesstemate what you need to take off and go for it with the jigsaw (be careful when you get close to the intercooler!!). Position your templates where you want to put the vents (bearing in mind your research from gallery pics), mark with a marker pen and cut the bumper to match.
Give the bumper a rough cut with the jigsaw as you DONT want to be taking more off than you need. Cut the rest with the files to give you more precision. I used Evo stik to bond mine to the bumper. I had mine painted before I fitted them, this was a GOOD idea :chuckle:
Thats about it mate.
Good luck and dont worry. I had nightmares before I started doing it and I'M a trained mechanic :runaway: :runaway:

TT
TT

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol cheers mate :) dito on that bottom line, hate doin bodywork thou, lol

thats what i thought the general gist would be, the guesatronic 2000, fitment wise :) Cheers, shall contemplate getting some now that others have had a bash :) got the 5" core intercooler, need more air flow throughhhhh :D

·
Registered
8,553 Posts
I'll PM you the one in my avatar tomorrow (I'm at work at the moment!) unless someone can post one sooner. Its very high res and should be what your after.

TT

·
Registered
86 Posts
Full-frontal and proud of it...

Here you go guys - here's a full-frontal of mine.
The vents were supplied and fitted by RK Tuning (near Basildon, EssexStu, if you decide to have them done for you instead). Ron's a top bloke and I'm sure they're positioned exactly as nature intended.
Good luck if you do it yourself...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.