GTR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Probably a daft question but where's the best place to get a N1 Water pump? I've seen some on Ebay but to be honest i'm a bit reluctant about the quality of the product.

Cheers
Keaney

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
have a look through the for sale section - some1 had 1 a few days back they wanted to sell for £50

(steer well clear of the fleabay ones - if you look at the description they are N1 'style') not original

·
Registered
46 Posts
Can someone let me know what the benefit of an N1 water pump is. What does it do over the standard?
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Provides a higher flow rate so better cooling under load
Are you sure about that?

Looking at the design, I would say the Stock one flows more.

The N1 is supposed to flow better at high RPM's as the stock one suffers from cavitation at high speeds. ...............But that is something I read off the internet, so who knows if it is true.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cool, i'll give Nissan a ring tomorrow... that should be fun!

Anyone know of a decent place to get one other than Nissan?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
just off the phone from nissan and sounds like they are 218 quid. The guy said he could prob try get me a better price but thats what it says on the system.

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Are you sure about that?

Looking at the design, I would say the Stock one flows more.

The N1 is supposed to flow better at high RPM's as the stock one suffers from cavitation at high speeds. ...............But that is something I read off the internet, so who knows if it is true.
That is right, Cavitation (Foaming of the water) can affect the engine cooling at high revs.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts