GTR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys here is my Idea I am plannig on doing.

Thinking about 2 bottels in the back of the car 1 bottel for a direct port N2O system with 100-150 Shot...

My Idea for the secound Bottel is to SPRAY the Intercooler (same Idea as water injection) with an ON/OFF switch inside the cocke pit... use it to cool down the intercooler air, before WOT and in a drag race Keep it on until you finish your 1/4 miles ...

What do you guys think of the idea .. And what would you suggest about what sprays to use IF this is a good idea ?

·
Registered
288 Posts
"I NEED NOS!!!"

Well N2O actually cools down the charge temp anyway when injected because it needs the heat to boil from liquid and vapourise.

This takes place at something like -127 F, but even so, heat it still taken away as the liquid turns into gass.

Why would you want to spray N2O instead of water. There is a major cost issue and i think water would achieve better results.

Laurence.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Frosty I was under the impression that N2O was COLD I mean VERY cold... I seriously do not think that Water would be better because my friend has an EVO VI Tommy Mak Edition and it has a standard water injection system to be honest I dont even think it works thats well (IF there is any preformance gains from it),, am thinking of a cooler gas such as N2O ,, u see I live in Dubai Arabia its ****EN DAMN hot here the water would evaporate before hitting the intercooler lol.

Cost issues well would only use it when you need the I/C in a race filling it up again wont be too expensive either.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I think you may have got liquid nitrogen mixed confused with nitrous oxide. If there was a way to use liquid nitrogen directly on the intercooler i'd say you would be on to a winner.

Good luck.
Laurence.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts