GTR Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car is fuel mapped against tps, and then I have a manifold pressure correction for boost.
So for this reason my tps map is an NA map, and when I last had it mapped I removed the pipe from the turbo and did a very careful low power map making sure not to over spool the turbos.

I have changed a lot of stuff on my engine and so will need to do another na fuel map, so I was thinking that I might be able to do it a different way. One that doesn't involve removing the pipe from the turbo. I was thinking about pressurising the vacuum pipes that go into the wastegates, forcing them to stay open and preventing the turbos from spooling up.

Has anyone else done this, I am wonder if there is a fundamental floor in my idea?

Thanks
Michael

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks mark, appreciate the feedback.
I might just have to do a combination of holding the wastegates open and removing the compressor output pipe.

3,666 Posts
You dont need to do that , just tune the car on base boost on the TPS map , then just add boost compensation above base boost.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's an idea, though it doesn't feel as thorough as having a actual NA map.
Is this how you map yours cars, or do you not bother with a manifold correction and just go straight to a MAP/RPM primary load?

3,666 Posts
That's an idea, though it doesn't feel as thorough as having a actual NA map.
Is this how you map yours cars, or do you not bother with a manifold correction and just go straight to a MAP/RPM primary load?
If the car has multi throttle bodies and we can configure the axis's on the fuel map on the ECU being used I always tune TPS versus RPM with boost compensation.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That was the reason why Ryan mapped it this way as I remember. You can get some transient fueling problems with the multi throttle bodies i think.
I was wondering if it would be worth putting another map sensor before the throttle bodies and do a relative measurement like the R35 does.

Thanks for the advice Mark.

3,666 Posts
That was the reason why Ryan mapped it this way as I remember. You can get some transient fueling problems with the multi throttle bodies i think.
I was wondering if it would be worth putting another map sensor before the throttle bodies and do a relative measurement like the R35 does.

Thanks for the advice Mark.
yes an extra Map sensor would be good but the RB26 just needs a compensation for the change of VE due to throttle position.

Would be good to see the pressure difference between before and after the Throttle bodies

·
Registered
731 Posts
Can I ask , is it better to have two map sensors then, for partial throttle openings ?
Is the link G4 good for this ?

3,666 Posts
Bob,

still working on your quote;

TBH just tuning the car with Throttle versus RPM with boost compensation(instead of Map versus RPM) is very good for the RB26 with multi throttles , running the extra Map sensor like we have been discussing on here wont make the car drive any better it is just good for data re boost drop acriss the TB's

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.