GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 122 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the day dawned bright and early in Washington DC…..a balmy 32 degrees in the can on the way to the airport, the excitement building palpably. The car, a 1994 Grand Maquis, with a unique ‘always steers left’ feature was being driven by an Ethiopian who appeared the be blaming us for most of the African nations troubles. Nothing could quell the building anticipation…..

Checking in and fee upgrade to more legroom helped and a final Fuddruckers Burger (try them they are excellent) and next stop LHR.

Hot footing across London, no time for sleep, to unpack, laundry and repackage to head north in the tropical UK weather to Sandbach for a fabulous steak dinner and a ride to. Middlehurst Motors fresh first thing in the morning.

So why the excitement, why this build up which is, frankly, bigger than the latest Transformers Movie. Yes, you all guessed it, it was time to pickup the latest in a great line of Nissan Vehicles. Natalie the Nissan started the naming convention (350z) followed by. Natalie’s Dirty sister who was sold on last week and now…..introducing…….Naughty Natasha. Exotic, rare and expensive (like all Russian ladies apparently) and a penchant for expensive Carbon (Fibre and Disks in this case not Diamonds) Natasha is gleaming and ready for her first spanking.

·
Premium Member
3,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update One, Stardate, well, today, the Virgin ultra high performance leaning train managed a mile out of Euston. This is where I am still sat 30 minutes in! Apparently they turned it off and back on again and we are speeding north where meat and good wine await.

Photos of exciting elements of the trip will follow.

·
Premium Member
3,523 Posts
Probably all the Middlehurst guys are at Oulton today and tomorrow watching young Christopher's qualifying and race in the BRDC Formula 4 championship. I think he turned up in a strange looking R35, probably just giving it a good thrashing to check everything is OK :chuckle:

·
Premium Member
3,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Probably all the Middlehurst guys are at Oulton today and tomorrow watching young Christopher's qualifying and race in the BRDC Formula 4 championship. I think he turned up in a strange looking R35, probably just giving it a good thrashing to check everything is OK :chuckle:
Haha I bet he did.....he got a Nismo on loan already???? ;-)

·
Super Moderator
16,098 Posts
LOL. So what's the train's ambient temperature. Oh and has the car to be collected got aircon...

·
Premium Member
13,400 Posts
Haha nope fixed Bilstein but lighter wheels and brake disks apparently make it more nimble than a Spearmint Rhino girl.
Don't mention that to Grimblin Gibbon, he's yet to see a Spearmint Rhino girl:chuckle:

·
Premium Member
3,523 Posts
LOL. So what's the train's ambient temperature. Oh and has the car to be collected got aircon...
Hopefully it will have decent tyres on it if Rog is bringing it back tomorrow, heavy thunderstorms all the way back, should be fun on the motorway with OEM Dunlop Ditchfinders.

·
Premium Member
3,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Train is a yummy 18 degrees and yes Natasha has air con. I also have my Nav update disks to run.

Report on gearbox is Dodson Magnets, Solenoid Caps and Circlips all fitted and new Tranny Fluid.

Should be smoother than a 30 year old scotch.

·
Premium Member
13,400 Posts
Rog, to paraphrase James May, are you experiencing any penile root fizz at the minute or are you managing to contain the excitement?

·
Premium Member
3,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Rog, to paraphrase James May, are you experiencing any penile root fizz at the minute or are you managing to contain the excitement?
Actually was planning to get that out of the way this evening. That portion will not be being reported live as I suspect it will land me in trouble.

1 - 20 of 122 Posts