GTR Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am looking to get a new car soon and now I am thinking about insurance, I realise it's been several years since I insured my own car. I have a company car and also my own motorbike.

I will start ringing round getting quotes for a car, but before doing so I wondered if anyone had successfully got no claims type discount from driving a company car without claiming on insurance and also if anyone knew any insurers that will take ncd gained on a motorbike against a car policy?

Martin

·
Premium Member
5,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, thats good news. When the time comes to start getting quotes I will give you a call.

Out of interest, why can't the bike NCD be used? Is this a universal policy? (from the insurance websites I have looked at so far, that seems to be the case)

·
Registered
239 Posts
A limited amount of insurers will work with bike NCB.

The reason we do not is fairly simple, I can drive a car (well I like to think so) and have maximum NCB, that doesn't mean I could get on a bike and ride it, same applies in reverse.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.