GTR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone

This is the first time I post here although I have been an assiduous reader for a few months now.

The reason why I havent posted is mainly because, although I am a petrol head and have owned many nice cars such as Imprezza's, Evo's, S2/4, M3, etc, since I moved to Ireland and for the last 6 years I have been driving a 1.0 Peugeot 106, 4 gears, the beast.... so as incredible as the car may sound I believe it has no place in this forum :(

Anyway, I am finally in a position of buying a R34 GT-R, this will happen within the next 6 months but on the meanwhile I have started looking around, not for a car but for a bit of info about maintenance, tunning, insurance, etc. So far I have found that maintenance is nothing out of the ordinary if compared to a Subaru or an Evo; tunning, well, that's something I am still working on, is very confusing as there as so many thing you can do and so many ways of doing it the wrong way...

Insurance is not bad or at least not too bad. My main concern at this point is the NCT. I have read a few posts and it seems that all the NCT biggest concern is the CO2 emissions, but what about changes made to suspension, engine, turbo, wheels? isnt there a limit to what you can do?

I'd appreciate some help, no matter what you say is not gonna stop me from buying one but it will help me decide, for example, whether I better buy a unmodified GT-R or not.

Also, I'd love to hear GTR owners thoughts and experience since they bought the car, car reliability, maintenance, etc...

Thanks a lot for your help!

·
Registered
398 Posts
Dont worry bout the nct, I wud think a r34 being a resonably new car should pass emission levels no prob even though there tolerences is related to age, ie the older the car the higher emissions are tolerated. I hav nct' 3 skylines 2 r32gtr's and a r34gtt no probs. Gtrs had coilovers 18' wheels, mildly tuned 400bhp setups without any issues.
NCT is a money racket and keeps run of the mill cars like focus's, corollas and the likes safe thats all. Your r34 will be maintained to such a high standard nct will be no hassle.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dont worry bout the nct, I wud think a r34 being a resonably new car should pass emission levels no prob even though there tolerences is related to age, ie the older the car the higher emissions are tolerated. I hav nct' 3 skylines 2 r32gtr's and a r34gtt no probs. Gtrs had coilovers 18' wheels, mildly tuned 400bhp setups without any issues.
NCT is a money racket and keeps run of the mill cars like focus's, corollas and the likes safe thats all. Your r34 will be maintained to such a high standard nct will be no hassle.
Thats a relief, thanks for the reply

1 - 3 of 3 Posts