GTR Forum banner

Nearing the end of a wonderfull trip

1K views 12 replies 12 participants last post by  Ludders 
#1 ·
Starting to feel somewhat sober now and reflecting back on the last 12 days has been great.

I really must say, everyone, and I mean EVERYONE has been fantastic, Jeff and his wife, Robin and Pupsi have given myself and Jason alot of their personal time and really gone out of their way to make sure we had a great trip.

I have a few others to thank:

My Auntie, Uncle and cousins for putting us up and showng us around Cambridge, it was great to see some real old buildings and documents :thumbsup:.

RB Motorsport: For replacing Jeffs input shaft in such good time:thumbsup:.

Tweenie and Mick: for being great sports, I knew we'd get on well, at the end of the day we all have the same goals and the pair of you were nothing but fully supportive of our efforts and I really thank you for that :thumbsup:.

Gary at GT Art: for the use of the dyno for final checks/tests, your workshop and the farm padock for a leak, lol. Had a great time and thanks for taking us to the floating chinese resturaunt for dinner, it was top notch, your a gentleman and your staff were nothing but helpfull every step of the way, also Mark Moseley (Max 1) for helping throughout the day while on the dyno:thumbsup:.

Keith Cowie: for the loan of your soldering iron at the track :thumbsup:.

Robin, Mike, Dan, Geoff and Ben: for your help at the track, without you all it wouldn't have been possible to get the results we did :thumbsup:.

Any others who have helped and supported us in the RIPS TOTBVIII tour I really thank you, it was great to meet some of my customers and put a face to the name, Oh, also thanks to Matt for the bottle of whiskey, top stuff:thumbsup:.

The track was not what I expected, better off the line than I thought and I hear we picked up quickest 60ft of the day with a 1.48.

1/3 track onwards was pretty slippery and we did the 'from one side of the lane to the other leaving black stripes' run more than once, lol.

I did one standing km and although not officially timed (not sure why) our data shows around 190mph, apon return the front inner guards were smoking, we thought it was the brakes recovering from the hard stop but it turned out to be large piles of molten rubber off the tyres stuck to the inner guards of the front wheel arches!!! No wonder it was all over the place at the top end!!

We ran 5 x 9 second passes with the best 2 being 9.46 and 9.47.

All in all a wonderfull trip and I'll post some more with pix etc when I get home.

Robbie

See less See more
#4 ·
Hi Rob, was great to meet u in person.
TOTB was a bloody good show really enjoyed watching u drive the Drag-R, especialy the 1/4 mile burn out and the nice lil show at the end of day, was greeeeeaaaat :D i'll put some vids up as i've finally figured out how to use You Tube lol.
Hope you enjoyed yr stay and hope you have a good journey home.
Cheers
Shaggy :smokin:

#9 · (Edited)
Have a safe journey home Rob - would have been good to say hello :)
A shame we didnt get to meet but as Mark said would love to catch up with you at an event in your part of the world sooner rather than later :smokin:

#10 ·
Hi,

Yes, we would have loved to have caught up with you and the boys at Abbeys, we spoke about calling in a few times but time just didn't permit:bawling:

Once I'm home and somewhat back to normal we'll have to catch up, sounds like your heading our way soon, would be great to meet up in Aussie or NZ.

Rob

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.