GTR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm doing a project on post purchase customisation and modification of cars and as I haven't even got a car myself I'm going to need some advice! I'm hoping there are some people on here that might be willing to answer some questions for me...
I need to know the reason you modify your cars. Is it as a hobby? Is it because you want a truly individual car? Or a bit of both?
What modifications have you already done? What do you plan to do in the future? What would you do if money was no object?
If someone else offered to do it for you, would you want them to? If you could buy a new car with the modifications you like, would you?
That kind of thing. I'm hoping to write a proper survey soon and would love it if people would volunteer to take part. At the moment I'm just testing the waters and hoping you can give me a better idea about the world of car modification.
Thanks in advance
Stevie

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Congratulations on your first post & welcome to the forum.

Wow! So many questions to answer?

I think you would be better off by asking a couple of questions at a time in seperate single Threads over a a few days or even weeks, I mean it's just too long winded for most people to answer so many questions at once (especially thick people like me):confused:

Anyway I'll answer you the first 2 questions to get you started.

Q:Is it as a hobby? A: Yes

Q:Is it because you want a truly individual car? A: Yes too

(see i told you I was thick, I can only answer yes & yes too):nervous:

I hope I made sense from my point of veiw anyway?

Btw. I'm a bloke & I like things nice & simple, I take it that you are a Woman that's why you can ask so many questions at once?:)

·
Registered
663 Posts
plus its late night!! for Sky it :D

Let me be the second then!!!

Yes its a hobbie, yes to individuality but mainly the enjoyment out of it.
Modification loads in 10 months of owner ship, will be a full page long and misses will kill if she see it. :D modification is a long lasting bug its almost never ending as time goes buy bits change even modify bits. if money is no object then I would make the car look like the bat mobile from batman return as it will be so cool to drive a round. :D honestly if money is no object I wont be modifying my car as I think it looses a bit of flavor in my case as I work hard and need to look after the family first then save up with what ever is left then is the car, also good to buy bits with out misses know especially dump valves :D cus she will find out very quickly. :p

·
Registered
663 Posts
if Ron at Rk or rob at RB motorsport say I will sort the engine out for you free of charge, it will be too hash to say NO!!! to them, wont you think??

if the modification on the car that is worth say 100k+ then I would buy another car like the 997 turbo. but like now on a few 1000 spend then NO.

Hope it helps.

Leon. :)

·
Registered
6,051 Posts
If I could buy an allready modified car that i really like, I would

Why modify, Personally its for better performance first, Individuality second, people pointing and looking has a low priority.

If one of the big tuners wants to take my can and sort it for free, Please do, But for some odd reason I actually enjoy working on the car as much as driving it (maybe more so)

·
Registered
5,020 Posts

Q:Is it as a hobby?
A: Yes

Q:Is it because you want a truly individual car? A: to be honest, i think a skyline already is a quite individual car, so not much should be done to the exterior of the car.

if money was no object, I would get an R33 GTR, i would let the whole body be made of carbon fibre, then paint it midnight purple II.

engine wise, titanium block (dont care how they do it, i just want it!), full titanium internals, exhaust..

3 HKS GT2510 turbos, running at 850 hp with minimum lag.

interior, takata harness, roll cage, partly stripped, but still with satnav, a nice audio system (speakers only, not overrated 12" subs etc..).

suspension wise, fully adjustable height and damping.

brakes: 8 pot calipers up front and 6 pot at the rear, and Super GT series discs.

all in all....a superfast car, with track potential.

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
Is it as a hobby? - More a passion! :)

Is it because you want a truly individual car? No. Rare and right for what I want but doesn't have to be unique.

What modifications have you already done? Too big a list to give you :D

What do you plan to do in the future? Lots more and again the list is still very big.

What would you do if money was no object? Money always is an obstacle. But I wouldn't do anything different at all

If someone else offered to do it for you, would you want them to? I'm purely a cheque-book owner anyway

If you could buy a new car with the modifications you like, would you? No, never.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.