GTR Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need quick advice because I need to make a move before next week.

Problem: My 2nd was grinding but after 5-10 minutes of driving( once my oil temp on my gauge was showing 140f) i had no problem with my 2nd gear. But I went to the drag( did 5 run) and next morning i took the car and I can't get into reverse but all my other gears are OK. So, I guess I need a new tranny right?

My option?
Used: Almost impossible to tell if the tranny is good or not. I have over 10 offer on used tranny but who know want it will break again hen?

Rebuild or brand new: I heard they go for pretty much the same price anyways. around 2500-3000 + installation right?

I called a jdm shop around my area and he told me he would swap my tranny for an used one for 1000$ and I pay him after testing the new used tranny + i get a 30 days guarentee. Does it seem legit/right? Also, he could install me a new clutch for labor-free..

In the future: I was planning to get my turbo upgrade( -5 or -7) + the usual little mods to get to 450hpish. Should I use an used OEM tranny or get something stronger?

Please help me because I'm pretty confuse now..

·
Registered
820 Posts
There is a small spring that stops reverse been selected when the car is moving foward. If this brakes you cant get it into reverse.
It has probably broken on your gearbox. Cheap part, but its a box out and open job.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts