GTR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Due to recent events i need to start considering options for replacing my twin plate clutch with a new clutch.

1 Exedy twin plate clutch
2 Nismo Super coppermix twin plate
3 ORC Twin plate
4 OS Giken Twin plate
5 Cusco twin plate

So far, the Exedy is winning to me as it is super light and has a good rep. Same with the Cusco, comes highly recommended. The Nismo Coppermix has a great rep but is heavy.

I want a Clutch kit that comes with a light flywheel. Anyone have some insight or experience they care to share?

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
I just got a Nismo coppermix twin. It's a phenomenal clutch, and I get through stop and go traffic no problem. It took about a day to get used to the engagement point, where it's a little grabby, but nowhere near as bad as an HKS twin. It is stiff in action, but not any different than a Nismo single, and anyways, putting in a Nismo clutch slave cylinder will make any clutch light.

The Nismo twin comes with a lightweight flywheel. Revs up faster, but also drops like a rock when you get off the gas :p

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
It does come with a lightweight flywheel hey? Then maybe i will stick with an all Nismo clutch system with the upgrade.
Nismo Clutch Hose
Nismo Bigger Clutch Cylinder
Nismo HD Clutch Pivot
Nismo HD clutch Bracket

And then the Nismo Coppermix Twin? Your not the only one to rave about this clutch... But does it make the "twin plate rattle"? Ive been told the Cusco and Exedy clutches dont do this...

·
Registered
889 Posts
I had a Exedy hyper twin clutch in my previous R-33 Gtr.
It came vith a lightweight flywheel and it was very easy to use.
But it did the twin plate rattle.
I was very satisfied vith this clutch and i vill use the same again on my R-34 Gtr.

Terje.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmm.. I was just told that Exedy makes the Nismo clutches.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I would also recommend the Nismo twin plate clutch. Very good, pretty light in stop and start traffic. Also it doesnt rattle, well mine didnt anyway. hope that helps.
Andy

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
I had the ATS twin carbon and cannot recommend it highly enough. Feels just like a stock clutch, very progressive, not very noisy etc etc

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,878 Posts
Nismo super coppermix twin is very good, it gets my vote..

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
mine doesn't rattle - there's a barely audible change in sound when you let the clutch out when in neutral, idling in traffic, that's it. Sticks great and no burnt clutch smell when doing drag launches. I got the Nismo fork pivot but didn't find it necessary to go with the softer Nismo big slave cylinder, and traffic in Seoul can be hellish. Mind you, when I get into a regular car now though, when I push the clutch pedal down I practically put my foot through the floorpan :p

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Going with the Nismo coppermix twinplate. Thanks dudes!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi Mate,

I'm going through the same process as you at the moment, where are you going to get your new clutch from and what sort of price it?

Cheers, Jonesey.

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
I got mine from Nengun.com, I've got 17 days of driving on it so far :)

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi Mate,

I'm going through the same process as you at the moment, where are you going to get your new clutch from and what sort of price it?

Cheers, Jonesey.
I was quoted 1700 CDN ( 795 GBP) and shipping from ADAM @ FEAST. If you need his email addy i can give it to you. He is in Japan and allways gets Nismo stuff cheaper than any of the vendors in the UK or online.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts